Cussin'

Started by sixdogsmom, April 02, 2008, 09:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

I object to cussin' at the forum for several reasons. The first being the English language has an abundance of words available to express the full gamut and every place in between of every human emotion, situation and story. Cussin' has always been considered crude in polite society, ( and that doesn't mean I sit around and drink tea all day). We do have folks who lurk on this forum whom you would not say a curse word around on the street I bet. We have a couple of pastors' wives who are members also. Do we use crudity around them?

And where is the limit on crudity? If the S**t word is okay, how about the F### word? Or the MF word? Or SOB , and it goes on and on. It's like being a little bit pregnant, just an impossible thing. Too much like war, you can't have a little war. Even one death is a big war to the family involved.

I just really hate to see this site disintegrate to the gross crudity of MYSpace. The forum at Hays just closed because this kind of thing, and law suits were threatened. There were no limits to what folks said to one another, and somebody just got fed up.

I realize that nothing personal was intended, but I just don't usually hang out with folks who cannot handle interaction without resorting to cussin' .

Now butter for sure melts in my mouth! I say my share of curse words, like last night, the air turned blue around my computer when the tom cat overturned my drink across the keyboard and into my lap. Yuk!! I guarantee that was NOT what I said at the time. Had my two cents now I will stop. Hope this helps explain my position.
Edie

Janet Harrington

So, has there been some cussin' on here?  If I have done it and I have offended, I apologize.  I try to not type those words.  I'm not saying I don't say them because I do, but I try not to type them. 

Wilma

Well said, sixdogsmom, and no, Janet, I have not noticed any swearing in your typing and I know what kind of language you can use.  Don't you ever notice me cringing?  But, then, I know who you take after. 

I do not use cuss words in my typing or my talking because I was raised to be a lady ::) and I never heard those words at home from either parent.  I JUDGE people by the way they talk and I would dare say that the majority (the silent majority) does, too.  I would bet that the person who uses unacceptable language would never be hired over the well spoken and carefully spoken.  If you wonder why some people avoid your company, maybe you should look at the way you talk. (putting the soap box away now.)

pam

lol,When I used that cuss word it was in the context of an old saying that fit the thought I was having about what I was trying to say,I'm sorry y'all were offended. And I haven't noticed anybody avoiding me lately and people usually hire me based on my abilities lol. Y'all have a nice day ;D
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

frawin

Janet, Mom's never lose their love for their children, and they never lose their desire or right to tell us to improve. I love it when one of my sons or my daughter calls and says "Dad let's talk".
I love it, well said Wilma.
Frank

flo

KEEPING MY MOUTH ZIPPED
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Lookatmeknow!!

I have to really watch what I say!  I don't want to offend some people.  But I do occassionally cuss, especially when I get stressed.  I am not perfect nor will I ever be.  I am  offended by karmablyr's because personally I guess I over looked it. I looked at the big topic.   Or I just did not read the one that you are talking about.  Cussing does offend me but I am not to judge others and only if it is really bothering me will I speak my mind to that person.  I don't like it used in front of my kids.  I really get upset about that.  But I am not perfect and have had slips myself.  I am sorry just had to add my 2 cents about this.

;D SMILE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY ;D
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

flo

Angie, was it a misprint or are you saying you were offended by Karmablvr's comments?

Wilma

I am sure Angie meant "I am not...."  She tends to leave out words sometimes when she is hurrying.

flo

thot that was probably the case, just wanted to make sure cause Karmablvr is very concerned that she has offended people on the forum.  I do have a couple daughters who wouldn't care, but she's not one of those two. :) She is very careful not to upset anyone for any reason and very compassionate about her feelings and the feelings of others, however she will state her case and that's as it should be.  That's the way she was raised.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk