Good Night All

Started by flo, April 01, 2008, 11:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonnie M.

"We're going to have lunch at Longton at noon tomorrow "

If your trip would've been a couple of weeks ago, we could of had lunch with you tomorrow, at the Longton Cafe!  Other than Judy, do you know anyone there?  I hope Judy comes up to see you, I'm SURE she will!

Enjoy the area, and the good people of the area!

There were storm warnings the two weeks we were back there, also, and luckily, we had no bad storms, unless you can call a good old thunderstorm with lots of rain (and "not so good" lightening) a "bad storm."  Have you heard any of the rolling thunder? 

Enjoy, and stay safe.
Bonnie

Diane Amberg

Wilma, now that you mention it, I think that is the Perkins house. I had forgotten. Thanks! I must have passed Tobina's house, but I don't know which one. Frankly, if you go north past the old place, other than riding a horse up that way years ago, I don't know what's out that way. I'll have to go take a look. Bonnie, I wish I could have met you at Longton too. No, I don't know anyone else but Judy there, but the way things are going we will by the time lunch is through. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  No rolling thunder yet, but I have heard it before.
Roma Jean, I'd love to see you too, but we aren't going home the same way we came. We are planning to go on north, but I'm not sure we can go up through Iowa to get to South Dakota. We may have to go up to Wyoming and then go east.

Bonnie M.

Diane, if you want to drop in to the Mini-Mart along the Highway in Longton, say "Hi" to Teresa Kirkpatrick.  She is one of the nicest people in the world!  Tell her I said "Hello!"  There's usually a lot of friendly "cowboys" standing around, too.  Good people!
Bonnie

Wilma

Diane, just take I-135 north from Wichita, into Nebraska, then on north to South Dakota.  Maybe I-135 doesn't go all the way into Nebraska.  It has been a long time since we went that way.

frawin

Diane, I don't know where you are going in South Dakota but if you take I-35 North from Wichita and hit 81 Highway North of Salina, it will take you across Nebraska and into South Dakota.
Frank

greatguns

That is I-135 going north out of Wichita.

Jo McDonald

Diane, I am enjoying your "daily doings" as much as you are, I think.  To all of you that have met her and her Al --- aren't they just the nicest of the nice????   I am so glad that you are enjoying the renewing of your roots and that the weather has been kind to you and done its nasties in the night time, so your days have been fun.
  Have a safe journey home and keep us posted along the way.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

flo

Diane, sorry I didn't get to visit with you.  Maybe next trip.  We went to Dexter Thurs. nite to watch a granddaughter play ball and thought maybe we'd be back early enough to have supper at the Swinging Bridge and get to meet you, but we hit Moline too late so called ahead to Toot's and ordered to pick up about the time we got there. Sounds like you are having a wonderful trip and enjoy the remainder of it.  Drive safely, as I'm sure you are.  ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Joanna

I think I'll have an early night, if I can sleep with the engine noise from the Mud Run at the fair grounds.  It's not so bad, if I turn the fan on high I can barely hear them. I just keep thinking of all the money people must spend on their vehicles if they run them like that on a regular basis.  Never did understand doing that kind of thing for fun when farmers & ranchers all over have to do it daily to check things in the field.  I never enjoyed going through the deep mud when I went along for chores, even though I never had to drive.  We're planning to get cattle again now that Marty can be here to feed & such, but I'll save all the mud runnin' stuff for him!

Marty was ill yesterday with the flu, and still not 100% today, but he did get our porch posts up and leveled.  It was quite a chore, but a big relief now that it's done.  He'll start building new railings next and I can't wait to see how the place will look when it's done.  We've got some nice bunting to decorate our porch for Independence Day, so our next goal is to have things looking good by July 4th (Marty's 50th birthday too!)  We missed Flag Day today, but you can only do what you can do. 

I got the carpets all shampooed and the refrigerator scrubbed inside & out.  Love those little Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponges for that chore!  You can clean stuff with plain water as well as with some caustic chemical!  Now I'll give the dog a bath and be done for the day. I hope you all have a great Father's Day tomorrow.

frawin

Diane, do you have family in Hiawatha?  or just stop for the night?  I worked with a girl from there many years ago in Emporia, KS when Frank was finishing his degree.  Many years later, Frank and I went up there to do geneaology.  It's a nice little town!
Myrna

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk