Good Night All

Started by flo, April 01, 2008, 11:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

I'm finally back. David is living pretty much in the same area as before. He had a friend who was moving and had a mobile home to sell so David is buying that. Belmont CA.,which I believe is near Santa Clara.

Diane Amberg

I'm sitting here watching your weather and Wichita too. Hope you are all OK.

sixdogsmom

Well Diane, they blew the sirens here in Moline, usually pretty serious when that happens. In fact that is the first time the storm sirens have sounded in quite a few years. However, most of the action was with the tv weatherman as usual. I did make the basement stairwell accessible, found the flashlight, and turned on the basement lights. The two scardeycat dogs that live here were not nearly so worried as they had been about half an hour earlier. We got just a little rain out of it, and the atmosphere 'feels' stormier right now than it did all day. Thank goodness it didn't warm up any more than it did, we might have really been in for it if the temp got into the eighties. Thanks for your concern.  ;)
Edie

greatguns

Sounds like Dexter got hit.  And I believe we are fixing to get some major wind.

Diane Amberg

It still looks bad on Wonder Weather. Stay safe!

sixdogsmom

We had a pretty good squall through here about an hour ago, just wind and some much needed rain. We are really short on moisture right now, the creek is nearly dry. I keep noticing shrubs with wilted leaves too. I do hope this is not a dry summer.
Edie

Diane Amberg

There is weird weather all over! That storm line looks a little less fierce but is headed for Springfield. Here we are on alert for 33 tonight so I had to wrap up the annuals and toms as best I could. We'll have to get up early and unwrap everything and hope for the best since we take the train to Boston tomorrow morning. Anybody want me to throw some tea in the harbor for ya?  We'll be staying right there. It's supposed to rain so I don't know how much sightseeing I'll get to do, but I always have a good time on these trips. Bye all.

larryJ

Well, my friends.  The time draws near for me to go to bed.  The sister-in-law went to bed early and my wife has now gone down the hall to go to bed and R.A.M.B.O lies curled at my feet waiting for me to take him down the hall to his bed.  The classical music concert on PBS is just about over, so it is time.  I wish you all a good night and sweet dreams. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Just got back home a few minutes ago. Newark Nite was another success. Had about 30,000 people up and down the middle of Main Street, as we took back the town now that UD has closed for a few weeks. It's a great street fair with lots of entertainment, food, music and fun. It was really hot but there was a nice breeze and we had our fire prevention tent set up to keep the setting sun from baking us. A little storm is just now moving in but it was time for us to shut down anyway.

Roma Jean Turner

Spunds like a great time.  I always love to go to Chanute in September for Artist Alley weekend.  Just being able to run up and down main street, see all the vendors and run into old friends.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk