Request: Washington DC vs Heller..

Started by Teresa, March 18, 2008, 01:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Washington DC vs Heller..

The court is done and a verdict will be in June.

If we lose this decision, it is an unprecedented disaster...40 states have RKBA  ( Right to keep and bear Arms)  provisions, but the individual interpretation of the Second Amendment is the primary buttress that holds all the state constitutional guarantees upright...
I hope we win this on all levels but especially on an individual rights basis...the question is, of course, the definition of "reasonable restriction..."

Please ... it is crucial to us as Americans to have ALL of our amendments intact as they were intended by our founding fathers.
If you care about our 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms.... please take a minute to call this number.

Should the Supreme Court Uphold the DC Handgun Ban?

The #  to call for NO  is :    202-585-3886

I urge you to text all your phone and e-mail contacts with this number.

United We stand.. Divided We Fall
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

I know that some of you are not too interested in this.. but if you are................

Marshal / Kjell has everything done and ready to listen to.
We were so lucky to have the permission to use this on Down Range.

http://www.downrange.tv/rkba/dc-v-heller.htm

And the number is either busy or it just rings and rings and rings..
( I haven't been able to get through yet, so I don't know what the deal is. )

flo

>:( OKay, say some hoodlum wants to rob a bank or commit murder - he needs a gun so he goes to the local gun dealer, fills out all the proper paperwork, waits for the background check, makes sure the serial number is registered,  ::) ::)  I THINK NOT ! - remember the bumper sticker that was so popular when this all started?  OUTLAW GUNS AND ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE GUNS - you can bet your bottom dollar I am very interested in this.  I sold all of Lewis' guns after he died, but that doesn't mean my views on this subject have changed.  Another way to keep us under the government's thumb and helpless to defend ourselves and our property.  I also prefer the sign that says "This property protected by Smith & Wesson"
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Lookatmeknow!!

Flo, you comment hit it on the head.  If they take this away from us, we will be in big trouble.  Thanks Teresas for posting this.
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Teresa

First .. Jim Shepard is a very close friend of ours.. He writes for "The Shooting Wire" and he was one of the lucky ones of 92 people out of 1500 to get credentials to be inside the courtroom yesterday.  He is smart but yet so country .. and when he talks he has a way of telling you what goes on in a language we all understand. I love to be around the guy. He makes me laugh all the time.
Here is part of his article he wrote..and at the bottom is a link to his 40 minute interview that we ( Michael)  did with him. I will post the link at the bottom  if you want to "listen to Jim". It is worth listening to. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Supreme Court Hears "The Threshold Question"
By Jim Shepherd
Mar 19, 2008 - 12:33:06 AM

I didn't want to copy the whole article. Just thought this part was perfectly timed..

That fact wasn't lost on Dick Heller, the named defendant in the case.

Speaking with him on the Supreme Court steps after the arguments -and his long question-and-answer period with the media, I asked him how he felt about "his" lawsuit.

"It's a simple case to me," Heller said, "It is wrong for the government to tell me that it is OK for me to have a gun during my work hours, but illegal for me to have a gun when the only thing I want to protect is me."

At that point, a reporter interjected:...... "The Mayor (DC Mayor Adrian M. Fenty) says the handgun ban and his initiatives have significantly lowered violent crime in the District. How do you answer that, Mr. Heller?"

The initial answer certainly wasn't expected – Dick Heller laughed. Ruefully.

Pointing at the Mayor who was making his way across the plaza, surrounded by at least six DC police officers, Heller said, "The Mayor doesn't know what he's talking about."

"He doesn't walk on the street like an average citizen. Look at him! He travels with an army of police officers as bodyguards – to keep him safe. But he says that I don't have the right to be a force of one to protect myself. Does he look like he thinks the streets are safe?"

There was no follow-up question.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you are interested in listening to Jim Shepard on what went on in the courtroom..
click this link and Jim is the first one at the top.

http://www.downrange.tv/rkba/dc-v-heller2.htm

Roma Jean Turner

I called the number, it never answered with anything, but I hope it somehow noted my call.

Teresa

Thanks Roma.. I called and it made some clicks .. hope it took it.

Bonnie M.

We can be thankful for the vote of the Supreme Court today.
Bonnie

frawin

Amen Bonnie, for the life of me I do not understand the mentality that thinks the thieves, murders and criminals will turn in their handguns. Banning guns from LAW-ABIDING citizens is the absolute most idiotic proposal I know of.
Frank

pam

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk