OBAMA/REV WRIGHT

Started by flo, March 18, 2008, 09:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

At this moment Obama is on Fox News delivering his answer to the comments of Rev Wright.  He's really not saying anything we haven't heard a hundred times before.  Perhaps he should let well enough alone, I don't know.  BUT one thing still bothers me about the "race" issue in America and something he has said many times during this speech, which is still going on.  Why does he have to refer to and why must there be African/American, Asian/American, Mexican/American?  If you were born in this country, then you are simply AMERICAN.  Otherwise that would make me Welsh-Irish-German-whatever/American.  I think not. I am simply AMERICAN.  No black born in this country was ever a slave, their parents were not slaves, their grandparents were not slaves.  So quit thinking that AMERICA owes you something for what happened hundreds of years ago.  How long must we apologize for this.  Let's get on with making this a UNITED America with only AMERICANS living in this country.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

frawin

Well said Flo, Bill Cosby agrees with you and has been preaching the same for along time.I am trying, I keep saying to myself PRESIDENT OBAMA, PRESIDENT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, it doesn't fit yet with President Lincoln, President Roosevelt, President Reagan, but I keep repeating it to myself. I have said several times it that my feelings have nothing to do with the man's race or color as I would vote for Colin Powell right now and most of the people I have said that to say they would to. Mr. Obama is trying to get the Black Vote that is following Hillary Clinton and this is his way of doing it.
Frank

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Lookatmeknow!!

I agree with you too, Flo.  I am an American. Do you ever hear many Native Americans crying over their land being taken from them, or that they are put on Reservations.  I am sure there are some out there, but you don't hardly ever hear them complaining, well at least I haven't.  I am not sure that the is a true good candidate out there for the president's job.  Can some one tell me if there is????
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

archeobabe

No, there is no candiate running for president that could run this country.

pam

There are no good candidates for president because all the ones who could actually do a good job are too busy workin to support their families and pay the taxes that support the idiots in charge :D
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

flo

MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

archeobabe

I believe that with this election everyone should write-in who should be president.  It may send a message that we are tired of the bull (exclamation) that we have to listen to.

Mom70x7

Now that would be interesting!

Can one of you legal / government experts tell us -

Would the electoral college recognize a write-in candidate?

pam

probly not! They aren't gonna let go that easy :P
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk