Garden Info

Started by Tobina+1, March 14, 2008, 03:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarineMom

here is a good website you can plug in your zip and it tailors the info for your specific area

http://www.gardening123.com/

sixdogsmom

So, how are all the seedlings? I am still planting; I bought some seed for uncommon shrubs off of Ebay. They have a long germination period, and only a couple have sprouts so far. I do however have tomatoes with the third set of leaves, oodles of marigolds with second sets of leaves, need to be pricked out this week, and a blue zillion small coleus, foxglove, and a fair crop of petunia. The wave petunias are only making a weak showing. I think they will do better with some sunshine. I will start to harden off the tomatoes next week if the weather cooperates. I don't want to put the poor little things out when it's bad. They are still so young they need their mama! LOL!! I bought some dianthus seed yesterday. Love the smell, and they overwinter very well here. Went to Independence on Saturday, it was like spring was several days ahead of here. Many pear trees in full bloom, with spirea, forsythia, and Magnolia going strong. My Magnolias are in bloom, however the late freeze last year has taken its' toll, the blooms on the east side plants are few and far between, and the ones on the south shrub are prolific against the house. That freeze damaged the mechanism somehow. I am hoping they recover eventually; they are so pretty when they are in full bloom. Hope I can get out in the yard this week, and don't get blown away!  8) 8)
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk