member # 345:

Started by Wilma, March 13, 2008, 07:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I seem to have missed a new member again.  If anyone knows who I missed, help me out.  We want everyone to feel welcome.  So new member, no. 345, let us hear from you.

DolphinsLEM

I have a feeling this new member is me.  My name is Laura Miller. I am married to Jason Miller (works at Poplar Pizza). Jason is the son of Bryan and the step son of Mary Jo.  We moved here last summer in August of 2006 from Buffalo, NY.  We have a son, Cody Miller who is 20 months.  He was born on July 4, 2006.  Cody goes to Angie Town's daycare center.   I am the preschool teacher at Severy Elementary.  I enjoy that each and every day.  My husband's mother and step father have just moved here to be closer to Cody and Jason and Jeff.  Right now they are staying with Jeff until they find a place.  I do have to say that there are some wonderful people in Elk County.  I have been diagnosed with thyroid cancer and have had my thyroid taken out and just this week have had radiation. Everything seems to be going well. But everyone that knows has been so caring, kind, and just encouraging.  I really have felt welcomed here.

Wilma

Well, dolphinsLEM, Laura, welcome to our forum.  We truly are glad to have you.  And if I praise Jason's cookies enough, do I get a free sample?

patyrn

Welcome, Laura--

I saw your entry on Roll Call, but you didn't mention your recent diagnosis of cancer there.  I truly hope things are going smoothly with your treatment and you are able to beat this dreaded disease that affects way too many good people in our world.  Enjoy those preschoolers!!!   

DolphinsLEM

Well I had my thyroid removed in Janurary and was given good news that the cancer was stage 1.  They think they got all the thyroid (the thyroid is in a difficult place because it touches lots of things so they can't be sure they got every single little piece) which hopefully means all the cancer was removed. I went into the hospital last week on Wednesday for radiation treatment.  I had to stay over night and have been home since. I just have to us precaution on how close I am to others for a week (so happy that there is no school so I don't have to take off; wouldn't want to affect the kiddos, and that my parents are here to watch over my little guy).  I go in this Thursday for a full body scan. This will tell us if any cancer spread and if they got all the cancer between removing the thyroid and the radiation. So I can't wait for that and I am praying that everything comes back with good news. 

patyrn

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family for a complete recovery!!!!

sixdogsmom

Prayers from here in Moline, God bless and see you through this thing. God bless your family. My the love of Christ heal you in record time!
Edie

Lookatmeknow!!

Laura, we are all praying for you.  If you haven't meet Laura, she is a wonderful teacher, person, and friend.  I have had the honor of watching her little man, Cody since he was 8 weeks old.  My daughter is in her class this year, and is doing really great!!  So, if you see her out in about in Howard or the county tell Laura "Hi!"
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Teresa

Glad to see you have joined in Laura. Looks like you are doing the first thing righ tin your fight against the cancer .. Keeping a positive attitude and "believing" you are going to win!
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

DolphinsLEM

Oh yes I have a very positive out look on this. The only thing that really upsetted me from all the news was that the dr. told me I would have to stop nursing Cody before the radiation and I wouldn't be able to continue afterwards.  That upset me alot.  Cody seems to be handling it fine though. Thank you for all the support.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk