Turkey Road just came across scanner

Started by Devyn-Leann, March 11, 2008, 03:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

Quote from: frawin on October 08, 2008, 01:16:00 PM
No, it is a sign of animal cruelty and thievery. Some people commit such things in the best of times

I was just curious.  I know the horse market got soo bad that I've heard them talking on other boards that people can't give them away and yet they can't afford to feed them and so the horses just starve to death, especially since a lot of states were having droughts a couple years ago and there was no hay. 

I've also heard talks on other boards about if the economy gets really bad there will be a lot of trouble with people stealing livestock for food or to sell for cash.  I was just curious if maybe this was the start of all that.

I had been to that mans house a number of years ago to get a rabbit from him for my daughter.  (that was back when he was still running that swap meet).  There were a lot of dead chickens and rabbits at that time.  I wondered about him back then and that was a long time ago.

flo

This man is NOT those children's grandfather.  He is their grandmother's boyfriend.  I fault the grandmother for allowing these children to live around this man and these conditions.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Lookatmeknow!!

Why is she allowing this??  I do also fault the state.  I feel that if this type of stuff is happening, they must step up and do what is right by these children.  Since, obviousley Grandma won't help them!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Wilma

Even more so, where are the parents?  Would any action have to start in Elk County?

Tobina+1

Quote from: Sarah on October 08, 2008, 08:14:08 PM
I was just curious.  I know the horse market got soo bad that I've heard them talking on other boards that people can't give them away and yet they can't afford to feed them and so the horses just starve to death, especially since a lot of states were having droughts a couple years ago and there was no hay. 
Oh, crap, I should just keep my mouth shut... but just to be devil's advocate...
Which is less humane; letting the horses starve to death, taking a gun out and shooting them, or taking them to a slaughter facility?

P.S.  Slaugher facility isn't an option anymore. 

Lookatmeknow!!

I feel the same way!!!  If you can't afford them, don't get them!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

flo

"mother" is in ElDorado "now".  (after a guest stint with the State of Kansas).  My guess is "father" is either still a guest or perhaps unknown.  This is why Grandma has the children.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Sarah

Quote from: Tobina on October 09, 2008, 02:47:14 PM
Quote from: Sarah on October 08, 2008, 08:14:08 PM
Oh, crap, I should just keep my mouth shut... but just to be devil's advocate...
Which is less humane; letting the horses starve to death, taking a gun out and shooting them, or taking them to a slaughter facility?

P.S.  Slaugher facility isn't an option anymore. 

Unfortunately, you can get cited for animal cruelty for shooting the animal.  Did you know that?  In some states you can get nailed for animal cruelty for treating a sick animal yourself and not taking it to the vet. 

Quote from: angtown3 on October 09, 2008, 03:26:04 PM
I feel the same way!!!  If you can't afford them, don't get them!!!

Unfortunately, sometimes it's not the people's fault.  They were doing fine.  Taking good care of their animals and maybe they lose their jobs and can't afford the care.  Or perhaps, like in a lot of states, they were hit by drought and there was no hay to be found for the animals.  Just a year or two ago there were a lot of states selling off whole ranches worth of cattle because they could no longer care for them. 

I'm not being an advocate for this man on Turkey road, just explaining how like in the horse industry, that's a lot of what happened.  They buy them when times are good and then end up a creek with no paddle when times turn sour.

sixdogsmom

Unfortunately, many children are lost in the welfare system because of the perpetuation of the position. I mean exactly how many people would lose their jobs in the child welfare system if good homes were found and the children then placed in them? How many case workers would then be out of a job? We have all seen it time and time again where you know that abuse is a certain fact that is perpetuated throughout the childs' life and the child welfare system does not address the situation. If the conditions were so atrocious for the animals kept there, you can pretty safely bet your bloomers that the kids were suffering also. How many 'grandmas' keep their grandchildren as a source of income and little else? No doubt these guys are mean little buggers in the school; that is probably all they have ever seen or heard or felt. This just makes me sick; just sick!  :P :P :P
Edie

oldmom

Just heard he was found guilty on some of the charges of animal cruelty.  Can anyone give me an update on this?

Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk