Better Fill up today

Started by frawin, February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Cost of Gasoline per gallon today per Yahoo news:

Asmara, Eritrea, $9.58 (in eastern Africa with coastline on the Red Sea)
Oslo, $9.33
Rome, $8.51
Copenhagen, $8.48
Monte Carlo, $8.46
London, $8.12
Paris, $8.06
Hong Kong $7.85
Berlin, $7.76
Tokyo, $6.59
Kuwait City, 82 cents
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 45 cents
Caracas, Venezuela, 06 cents (Government subsidized)
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

Rehoboth Beach Delaware $3.64

frawin

Quote from: W. Gray on February 23, 2012, 03:32:13 PM
Cost of Gasoline per gallon today per Yahoo news:

Asmara, Eritrea, $9.58 (in eastern Africa with coastline on the Red Sea)
Oslo, $9.33
Rome, $8.51
Copenhagen, $8.48
Monte Carlo, $8.46
London, $8.12
Paris, $8.06
Hong Kong $7.85
Berlin, $7.76
Tokyo, $6.59
Kuwait City, 82 cents
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 45 cents
Caracas, Venezuela, 06 cents (Government subsidized)

Waldo, we should all fill up in Caracas or second best in Riyadh.

W. Gray

Frank, you all could drive out here and fill up.

Average in Denver today is $3.06 with the lowest at $2.86.

With gas prices so high in the rest of the world, that certainly means that gas in the USA will have to more than double or even triple or quadruple before an alternative source of energy can be anywhere near cost effective to develop and probably not even then. People are pipe dreaming when they speak of an alternative energy, including electric, as being viable.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

Quote from: W. Gray on February 23, 2012, 04:32:03 PM
Frank, you all could drive out here and fill up.

Average in Denver today is $3.06 with the lowest at $2.86.

With gas prices so high in the rest of the world, that certainly means that gas in the USA will have to more than double or even triple or quadruple before an alternative source of energy can be anywhere near cost effective to develop and probably not even then. People are pipe dreaming when they speak of an alternative energy, including electric, as being viable.
Waldo, I think the best alternate energy source is CNG. We have massive Natural Gas reserves in this country. We have enough oil reserves to reduce our dependence on Foreign oil substantially, we just need to develop it. Also we need to penalize people that drive big gas guzzlers. Every person on my block has a big gas guzzling V-8 pickup they drive to work, I have the only 6 cylinder pickup on the block.

W. Gray

A few years ago, Iceland was going big for natural gas for automobiles, but I dont know what ever became of that effort. Or, maybe it was hydrogen, I cannot recall.

frawin

Quote from: W. Gray on February 23, 2012, 04:56:35 PM
A few years ago, Iceland was going big for natural gas for automobiles, but I dont know what ever became of that effort. Or, maybe it was hydrogen, I cannot recall.
Tulsa has switched to CNG on Buses and Trash Trucks and is planning on switching more. In west Texas lots of the field people ran their pickups on CNG. CNG is cheap, plentiful, cleanburning and safe.

srkruzich

Quote from: frawin on February 23, 2012, 05:07:52 PM
Tulsa has switched to CNG on Buses and Trash Trucks and is planning on switching more. In west Texas lots of the field people ran their pickups on CNG. CNG is cheap, plentiful, cleanburning and safe.

Yeah it is but you can't get it out here unfortunately and the conversion kits aren't cheap
I'm looking at producer gas to burn in my truck.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

frawin

Crude is trading at $108.24, up $0.41.

larryJ

I saw, coming home from taking GD#1 to school, Chevron is charging $4.21 and Shell is at $4.29.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk