Better Fill up today

Started by frawin, February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry wagner

December 08 crude @ $59.33, down $3.08.  Natural Gas closed @ $6.708 down $0.54.  I can help too Dan.

Diane Amberg

Thanks to you both. I was too lazy to look it up.

DanCookson

Dec 08 futures are trading down $1.67 to $57.66.  Seems down turning economy has people driving less and the recession seems to be global as Europe, Asia, and China have all seen demand fall as well.

DanCookson

Dec 08 settled down on the day.  $55.98

frawin

The EIA inventory report came out today, a day later than usual due to the Veteran's Day holiday. Below is an excerpt from the report which clearly shows why prices are down at the pump. Given the economy it is easy to see why demand and hence pricies are going down. Unfortunately OPEC is getting very restless and calling for another special meeting to lower exports amd raise prices. It is imperative that we get back on track to increasing our domestic supply, reducing our dependence on foreign oil and developing alternate energy sources of every kind.

Total products supplied over the last four-week period has averaged 19.1 million
barrels per day, down by 6.6 percent compared to the similar period last year.
Over the last four weeks, motor gasoline demand has averaged nearly 9.1 million
barrels per day, down by 1.9 percent from the same period last year. Distillate
fuel demand has averaged about 4.0 million barrels per day over the last four
weeks, down by 4.6 percent from the same period last year. Jet fuel demand is
18.8 percent lower over the last four weeks compared to the same four-week
period last year.

pam

Hey Frank! Know you ain't gonna believe this but I missed ya lol. Welcome back :)
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

frawin

Thanks Pam, I have stayed really busy with catching up in my Marketing business, building some new shelves Myrna wanted. Also buried one cousin and drove to West Texas and buried a long time friend. This getting old is very painful in losing so many friends and family. In this past year I attended funerals for 9 family members and three close friends.
I needed a break from the political scene.

sixdogsmom

Well Frank, I am sorry to hear about your losses. I too missed you and was afraid that you might be worried that somebody was gonna say NannyNanny-Boo Boo. Getting old is certainly not for the faint of heart, weak of mind or those lacking in courage. Welcome back!  ;)
Edie

pam

I'm sorry to hear that Frank......time catches up don't it....
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

frawin

Dec-08 Crude settled at $58.28, up $2.08 on the day, Dec-08 Natural Gas settled at $6.318, down $0.087 on the day.

Thanks Dan and Jerry for covering some for me while I was taking a rest, trying to recuperate from a a very disappointing  election and handling other personal and business matters. At least Oklahoma was the only state that all counties, 100% went Republican, and some almost 90% Republican, maybe if Texas secedes Oklahoma can go with them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk