Better Fill up today

Started by frawin, February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Florene, I just went with Myrna to Walmart and i noticed Gas was $3.25/gallon.

Teresa

Quote from: frawin on April 21, 2008, 05:12:25 PM
Teresa, is that you in the picture laughing and holding the bowl of something. No wonder we never see you in Howard when we are there, we wouldn't have known you. we were looking for somebody as pretty as your  Mother.
Frank

hahahaha... well.. everyone tells me I look like my dad... soooooooooooo :-\
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Ole Granny

In your search engine put:  waterfuel

A short video on U-tube about water fuel.  Will this make water prices soar? 

Comments...................
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

MarineMom

Quote from: momof 2boys on April 21, 2008, 12:08:45 PM
average monthly perscription expenses of $300,
Totally off subject but here are a couple of links that might help you lower your prescription costs

https://syndication.pparx.org/index.php
http://www.needymeds.com/
http://www.xubex.com/
I was able to cut mine from about $300 to about $90.00. It is not overseas drug companies. It is American pharmacutical companies programs to help people with low income and/or no insurance. The needy meds website is the one the SRS reccomends to people who earn to much to qualify for welfare medical coverage.

frawin

IMaybe this will give some of you a better idea of why energy prices are going so high.

Emerging markets' oil use to exceed US for first time

Bloomberg

Published: April 21, 2008, 23:40

Paris: Traffic jams in Beijing and humming air conditioners in Dubai are replacing US highways and suburbs as the driver of global oil prices.

China, India, Russia and the Middle East for the first time will consume more crude oil than the US, burning 20.67 million barrels a day this year, an increase of 4.4 per cent, according to the International Energy Agency in Paris.

US demand will contract 2 per cent to 20.38 million barrels daily, the IEA says.

Economic growth of more than 8 per cent in China and India, coupled with increasing car ownership among the countries' combined populations of 2.45 billion people, will more than compensate for falling US demand. Oil use worldwide will increase 2 per cent this year because of growth in emerging markets, the Paris-based IEA says.

The rising oil price will benefit ExxonMobil Corp, BP Plc and Royal Dutch Shell Plc, while punishing a US airline industry that recorded four bankruptcies in a month. Higher energy costs will push up food costs at a time when corn and rice are close to new highs.

"The US recession will be a footnote as far as the oil market is concerned,'' says Jeffrey Rubin, chief economist at CIBC World Markets Inc. in Toronto, who has correctly forecast higher oil prices since 2000. "Supply isn't growing and demand is growing robustly in the developing world."

Oil will average $120 a barrel for all of 2008, compared with almost $98 in the first quarter of the year, and reach $150 "by the end of the decade," Rubin said.

Historically, a recession in the US would lead to lower prices. Oil fell 26 per cent to $19.84 a barrel in New York in 2001 when the economy contracted. The US consumes 24 per cent of the world's oil, down from 26 per cent seven years ago.

Two giants

Oil demand in both China and India will rise by 4.7 per cent, according to the IEA. China, the world's second-biggest energy user, will consume 7.89 million barrels of oil a day this year. India will use 2.92 million barrels of oil a day in 2008, more than is pumped by Opec member Venezuela.

Emerging markets burn a fraction of the energy of the US, leaving room for growth. The 2.45 billion people in China and India used only half as much crude as 301 million Americans last year.

Middle Eastern economic growth will probably accelerate to 6.1 per cent this year from 5.8 per cent in 2007, the IMF said April 9. Oil demand in the region will surge 5.8 per cent to 6.97 million barrels a day this year, according to the IEA.

pam

read a report from a financial analyst who predicts oil will reach 180.00 a barrel in the next two years, think I'm gonna go amish :P Frank I would like to apologize if it seemed I was bein disrespectful to you, we all got our problems in this economy( I was readin back and thought maybe i was) Sorry dude.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

frawin

Karma, I didn't take anyone's comments as disrespect. I know that the price of oil is causing problems for lots of people and it concerns me deeply. I have been involved in Crude Oil Supply and transportation for almost 40 years and it was inevitable that the demand was eventually going to outpace supply. Unfortunately the worst is yet to come and our country's leaders are to concerned about their careers and politics to face the challenge of mandating energy conservation. The forum is a great place to post subjects for discussion and I know that some people will agree and some will not agree and that makes for more ideas and discussion.
Frank Winn

pam

Yeah I learn lots by talkin about things most people avoid. Somebody who has a difference of opinion and sticks to it can make you think and MAYBE change your way of thinkin a little lol
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

frawin

Crude oil is trading right at $120.00 now, actually it is at $119.90/barrel. The outer months are trading higher as well.
Frank

frawin

A little short-term price relief. The bigger drop in crude came as the trading changed from May Crude to June crude.
Frank
Crude Oil Falls as Dollar Strengthens, U.S. Inventories Gain

By Alexander Kwiatkowski

April 24 (Bloomberg) -- Crude oil fell for a second day in New York after the dollar rose against the euro, reducing the appeal of commodities to investors, and a government report yesterday showed U.S. stockpiles increased more than expected.

The dollar gained versus the euro after an industry report showed German business confidence dropped more than expected in April. Oil supplies rose for the first week in three, gaining 0.8 percent to 316.1 million barrels in the week ended April 18, the Energy Department said.

``It's a mix between a dollar reaction and the fact that crude stocks rose yesterday,'' said Thina Saltvedt, an oil analyst with Nordea Bank AB in Oslo. ``We have seen a very strong correlation between the euro-dollar and the oil price.''

Crude oil for June delivery fell as much as $1.18, or 1 percent, to $117.12 a barrel in after-hours electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. The contract traded at $117.47 at 11 a.m. in London.

The dollar rose 1.1 percent to $1.5719 against the euro in London, after rising 0.6 percent yesterday. It reached $1.6019 on April 22, the lowest since the euro's 1999 debut.

Crude oil contracts have become attractive to investors seeking to offset a 14 percent decline in the dollar against the euro in the past year. When the dollar strengthens, oil loses some of its appeal as an inflation hedge.

Ineos Strike

Brent crude for June settlement dropped as much as 95 cents, or 0.8 percent, to $115.51 a barrel on London's ICE Futures Europe exchange. It traded at $115.99 a barrel at 11:01 a.m. local time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk