Better Fill up today

Started by frawin, February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 01, 2008, 10:10:14 AM
We'll be the first state to have done it, although most shore states are considering it.
Diane; do you mean you'll be the first shore state to consider building wind turbines?

frawin

Tobina, if it happens they will be the first wind turbines operating off shore in the Ocean. It has been discussed in the Gulf and also off florida.

Frank

frawin

August Crude Futures closed at $140.97, up $0.97, and August Natural Gas Futures closed at $13.505, up $0.152/MMBTU, Natural Gas for December/January delivery is in the $14.40 range.
Frank

Diane Amberg

Thanks Frank, that's correct. Other states are considering it, but we're the first to sign the papers and get started.  Virginia might be next.

Tobina+1

Ah, I missed the "off-shore" part of it.  That's pretty cool!  What an amazing site to see; windmills in the middle of the ocean!

sixdogsmom

Diane, when it gets up and going, be sure to post a picture if you can.
Edie

Diane Amberg

Sure thing. If I can see them from shore.They may be too far out to be seen easily.

sixdogsmom

Awesome! I will never forget the first sight I had of the local wind farm I just couldn't get enough! It looked like the aliens coming over the rise from an H.G.Wells movie!
Edie

Wilma

Diane, did you see the wind farm that we have northwest of Howard while you were here?  It is quite an awesome sight.  It is just south of Beaumont, northwest of Howard and can be seen from several spots on Highway 99, then again from 400 when you get close to Beaumont.

Diane Amberg

We sure did see it. It's quite amazing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk