Better Fill up today

Started by frawin, February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

It's starting to cause trouble here too. The very night we got home, my "boat neighbor", the one who is so generous with his fish, had a half tank of gas siphoned out of his truck as it sat at the curb. Our vehicles are garaged so they weren't bothered.

W. Gray

History is repeating itself from the 1970s when I had to put a locking gas cap on my car.

Nowadays, there is something about not being able to siphon from newer cars, so gas thieves are resorting to drilling into gas tanks, which is a whole new problem to both the driller and the owner.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Judy Harder

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

OPEC sells oil for $136.00 a barrel.
OPEC nations buy U.S. grain at $7.00 a bushel.
Solution: Sell grain for $136.00 a bushel.
Can't buy it?  Tough!   Eat your oil!
Ought to go well with a nice thick grilled filet of camel rump!!!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

frawin

Crude Oil is trading at new highs in overnite trading, August crude traded as high as $143.60 and is $143.00, up $2.79. September crude is at $143.55, up $2.80 and October Crude is at $144.00 up $2.94.
Frank

Diane Amberg

frawin

Diane, I understand, unfortunately it is going to get worse in the near term. I don't want to think about the negatives of the longer term.
Frank

frawin

August crude has come off of the earlier highs and is trading off $0.06 at $140.15, the outer months, October 08 thru Jan 09 are trading higher on the day. The consumption numbers/highway miles driven  continue to go down some and hopefully that will stabilize the markets, or at least slow the pace.
Frank

Teresa

The solution to high priced oil & gasoline?

More u-tube videos...
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

frawin

This a continued threat to our supply. Iran, Libya and venzuela all or any of them could cause big problems in world and our supply.

Oil Rises to Record on Concern Iran Supplies May Be Disrupted

By Grant Smith and Alexander Kwiatkowski

June 30 (Bloomberg) -- Crude oil rose to a record above $143 a barrel on speculation the dispute over Iran's nuclear program may disrupt supply from OPEC's second-largest producer.

Pressure on Iran to end its uranium enrichment program and the falling value of the U.S. dollar may drive prices to $170 a barrel, OPEC President Chakib Khelil said on June 28. Oil is headed for its biggest six-month gain since 1999 as investors shun equities for commodities, looking for a hedge against a weaker dollar and quickening inflation.

``Tensions ratchet up in Iran and troubles continue in Nigeria, drawing funds into the market,'' Robert Montefusco, a broker at Sucden (U.K.) Ltd. in London, said before the latest record was reached. ``The weak dollar is also helping. The market does not want to break down just yet.''

Crude oil for August delivery rose as much as $3.46, or 2.5 percent, to $143.67 a barrel in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. It was at $143.27 a barrel at 11:33 a.m. in London.

Brent crude oil for August settlement rose as much as $3.22, or 2.3 percent, to $143.53 a barrel on London's ICE Futures Europe exchange, the highest since trading began in 1988. It was at $143.46 a barrel at 11:34 a.m. London time.

Foreign ministers from the Group of Eight nations last week suggested more talks to coax Iran into opening its nuclear program to inspectors, after speculation the Islamic Republic faces an imminent Israeli strike.

Israel Strike

John Bolton, the former U.S. envoy to the United Nations, has said Israel would strike Iran between the U.S. presidential election in November and inauguration in January.

Diane Amberg

Little Delaware has finally taken a positive step! Blue Water Wind and Delmarva Power have come to an agreement to build a wind farm off the Delaware coast. There will be 50 some turbines between 17 and 25 or so miles off the shore line. They will also build a manufacturing plant nearby. (jobs!) We'll be the first state to have done it, although most shore states are considering it. Go away hurricanes!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk