Better Fill up today

Started by frawin, February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Granny

True, Frank.  My folks always had their garden plowed by a team of horses.  Believe George Bailey did the plowing.  We worked it with my grandfather's old push plow and hoes.  Always had a huge garden and enjoyed every minute of it. (Playing hide n seek in the corn rows was great fun unless Dad caught us or the chiggers.) 

We had one mare (while our kids were growing up) that was so embarrassing.  With almost every step the gas would pass.  Wish we could bottle that.  Maybe a change in diet would have helped her.  She was a very well-mannered lady so it must have not hurt her too much.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Jo McDonald

hahahahaha   that is what made her a lovely lady, Granny, She got rid of the bad stuff and kept only the good. !!!!

We just returned from running some errands and topped off the diesel tank --- the price at one of the stations is $3.79.9
That is sticker shock for sure!!!   We have a station not too far from us on our way home, and the price there  was $3.64.90   so we pulled in and topped it off.
We plan to go to Old Mexico tomorrow so that will empty the old billfold.   sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :'( :'(
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

greatguns

Guess I need to my garden the old fashion way, don't have any horses so I will have to hitch Steve up to the plow.  Maybe he can get that done while I go to my manufacturing job here in downtown Piedmont. ;) ;) ;)

flo

I accompanied Marvin to Wichita yesterday.  When we left Howard gas was 3.24 - got to Tripco and it was 3.18 - Kesslers was 3.17 - Augusta and Wichita were 3.09.  Quite a difference
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Tobina+1

Yesterday, El Dorado at QT was $3.08.  Today it was $3.18-ish. 

W. Gray

Colorado web site today:

Prices for regular gas on the west side of the Continental Divide range from 3.29 to 3.43.

Prices on the east side range from 2.89 to 2.99.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Jo McDonald

We just returned from a trip "south of the border".  Left here yesterday and stayed the night on the US side and then this morning we went across.  There were armed security guards as soon as we were across the bridge that divides the two countries.  Armed guards in uniform all the way to the first block as you enter the country.  We do not drive across - we always walk - and the security has really been beefed up.  When we filled our truck tank ( as I posted earlier ) diesel was $3.64.9 and today when we came back across into the US it was $3.89.9 .  We didn't need any more fuel, but when we got home, Fred went to Popeye's and purchased some spicy chicken and brought home for supper, the price here at the same station where he filled up on Tuesday was $379.9 --- so of course he filled up and the owner said he was just getting ready to go change the price to $3.86.9 and said he had a fax stating it was going up some more.  This is pure nonsense !!!!  Is there no end of this?
  We are happy we get good mileage, but diesel is a by-product of gasoline, and is 50 cents higher per gallon.  What is wrong with this picture?   
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

sixdogsmom

We returned from Kansas City yesterday; North Kansas City was $3.05. Wow what a bargain dad! We  bought in Bartlesville last week for $2.99. Can't figure why it is so high here in Elk and Montgomery county?
Edie

Mom70x7

I know that Penny does NOT have a high mark-up on gas at P&J's - she has to pay a premium to get the gas delivered to Howard.

It's kind of like Jim and the newspapers.
The Wichita Eagle charges him more for the papers than the do the Severy delivery people.
Which means the newspapers are cheaper in Severy than in Howard.

Tobina+1

Missouri and Oklahoma are always MUCH cheaper than Kansas on gas prices.  At least $0.10 is what I've seen.  I thought it was b/c Oklahoma has more oil wells?  But I think it may just be cheaper tax?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk