Better Fill up today

Started by frawin, February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Crude oil is trading down $0.44 at $105.94. Our. Neighborhood pump price is $3.44 for credit and $3.29 for cash.

frawin

Due to all the activity in the Middle East, Crude Oil is trading up $ 1.99 at $103.24,our local pump price is $3.24 a gallon, it will be going up later today. There is a very large Volume of contracts trading today.

Catwoman

Thanks for the head's up...Going to get filled up now!!!!

larryJ

SoCal........$3.99 to $4.09

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

frawin

Larry I think we talked about this before, California has the 2nd highest Total Gasoline tax in the nation, it is made up of 53 cents state tax and 18.4 cents federal for. A total of 71.4cents, in contrast Oklahoma gasoline tax total is 35.4 cents made up of 17 cents State and 18.4 cents Federal. In California's defense they have a lot of Super Highways that cost a lot of money to build and keep up.

frawin

I just filled up my truck and then took my wife's Acura MDX and filled it up. I use Reg Ethanol gas in my Truck and it was $3.23 a gallon. I use Non-Etanol  gas in my Wife's MDX and it was $3.49 a gallon. The stations here are having little price wars, I saw one station had Ethanol gas at $3.23 on credit card and $3.13 if paid cash. We have about as many Stations that have Ethanol gas as we have that have non-Etanol gas.

frawin

Crude Oil settled at $97.35 up $1.77 0n the day. Gasoline will be up tonite and/or tomorrow.

Warph

Received this email from a friend....

I ALWAYS check the first gallon before pumping more – simply to MATCH the PRICE (advertised) against the ONE gallon pumped into my car.

I "caught" a SHELL station (here in Mesa, Arizona) that had the price 12 cents per gallon HIGHER than the advertised price on the pump AND the sign out front.

I called the local Department of Agriculture (weights and measures division) from my cell phone immediately, waiting for them to show up. They did, some 20 minutes later.

The Department taped all the pumps, stopping ALL traffic from using the pumps. They (two men) checked all 6 pumps, finding them all "rigged" at a higher price (by 12 cents) per gallon than advertised.

PS – That particular SHELL station was being operated by 2 men from India.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

frawin

Reg gas is $2.59 a gallon at our neighborhood station. The markets are calling crude up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk