Better Fill up today

Started by frawin, February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Crude oil is trading higher today for the first time in several days. It is at $95.02 up $1.65. If this holds gasoline prices will move up.

frawin

Gasoline at our neighborhood station is $2.72 per gallon today.

frawin

Crude oil is trading down this morning at $94.70, down $0.44. Our neighborhood pump price is $2.71, if the market holds the pump price will be down tonite.

frawin

Crude oil is trading up$1.93 at 106.33 this morning. When I started with Phillips 44 years ago crude was $2.73 a barrel at the lease, when the Embargo hit it went to $39.00 a barrel. I predict that if the Keystone Pipeline is completed  Crude will drop considerably. Our neighborhood pump price for Regular is $ 3.27 a gallon.

Diane Amberg

I read some thing recently that between one find and another,such as Permian Basin, we will soon be able to be completely self sufficient for oil. At what price I don't know, but it could get us out of the middle east for good.  Any thoughts?i

frawin

Quote from: frawin on June 12, 2014, 06:58:21 AM
Crude oil is trading up$1.93 at 106.33 this morning. When I started with Phillips 44 years ago crude was $2.73 a barrel at the lease, when the Embargo hit it went to $39.00 a barrel. I predict that if the Keystone Pipeline is completed  Crude will drop considerably. Our neighborhood pump price for Regular is $ 3.27 a gallon.
The traders are pushing crude higher because of the increasing violence in Iraq. If the Iraq production is taken out of the market it will create some shortages.

frawin

Crude oil continues to trade higher this morning, it has traded as high as $107.68 overnite.  The contract volume is high. Iraq is an important supplier in the crude market and if they are left to fall to the rebels crude will go even higher. Iraq is OPECs no 2 producer.

Catwoman

After all of the news today about Iraq, I went out and filled up while it's still 3.39.  Whatcha wanna bet it goes up by at least 10 cents in the next couple of days?  Blah. 

Catwoman

This just came out on Facebook from KAKE Ch. 10...

GAS TRACKER: "Spotting prices jumping 16 cents a gallon in parts of Wichita tonight - from $3.39 to $3.55 for regular unleaded."

That sure didn't take long!!!!!  Thank God I filled up earlier this evening before that happened!!!!

frawin

Crude oil is trading at $106.66, down $0.60 this morning. Contract volume is still high. Our local pump price is $3.44. The big question is what action we will take in Iraq, and what action Iran will take and what action the Iraqi military will take.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk