Better Fill up today

Started by frawin, February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Crude Oil is trading at $106.93, up $0.38.

larryJ

Yesterday, while bringing my granddaughter home from school, I was sitting in a left turn lane at a notoriously long stop light and I noticed a gas station employee changing the signs that list the prices of gas.  This is an independent station, not a major gasoline company.  He reached up and removed the "1" from the $4.21 sign and replaced it with a "9."  In that single moment in time, the price of his gas went up 8 cents a gallon. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Some of our gas stations here have changed over to computer operated signs, so no more changing the price by hand. It's amazing how fast and often the prices do change.

frawin

Crude Oil settled at $107.07, up $0.52 on the day.

frawin

Crude Oil is trading at $107.56, up $0.49.

W. Gray

Denver area average gasoline price per gallon has climbed to $3.15 with the lowest at $2.94.

Howard price was $3.69 on the 28th.
Severy price was 3.55 today.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

Crude Oil settled at $108.84, up $1.77 on the day.
Contract Volume was  high.

larryJ

Diane, most of the stations here do have computer generated price signs.  This particular one that I mentioned has both electronic and signs that have to been changed manually.

Tonight, I made a run to the local In-n-Out for cheeseburgers and passed by the Chevron where I buy gas.  The price for regular was $4.35.  Ouch.

Larryj

Janet Harrington

Gas in Independence, Kansas is $3.75 a gallon. Someone said that Unleaded Plus was cheaper than unleaded.

larryJ

Heard on my local news this afternoon............the average price of a gallon of regular gasoline has gone up $.58 in the last 30 days.
Last month at this time the average was $3. 79 a gallon. 

If you pump, say, 15 gallons, that would be an extra $8.70.

Larryj

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk