Better Fill up today

Started by frawin, February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Crude Oil traded down today and settled at $124.31/BBL, down $3.45 for July crude. Hopefully demand will continue to drop and the price will follow it down.  July gasoline traded down $0.04 with the outer months trading down $0.05 +
Frank

Diane Amberg

The prices have dropped here just a bit. Saw some for $3.93 and none more than $4.00. Our gas for the trip will go on the charge card and I'll ignore it until the bill comes. Then I'll move some $ out of my Money Market to pay it off in one big bite. No regrets.          Bonnie, glad you had a good and safe trip. I doubt we'll see any 62's.

Tobina+1

I've found something interesting today on my trip.  I traveled to Omaha, NE yesterday, and the price of gas actually went down as I went North.  Which is usually the opposite that I see.  But what was odd what that when I drove from Omaha to KC, the diesel/gas price spread was bigger at KC!  Like by about $0.12. 

sixdogsmom

Whenever we go to Kansas City, we try to time fill-up so we can get it in North Kansas City. It is always two to five cents less expensive there. Since that is where we stay overnight anyway, it is not out of the way.
Edie

Tobina+1

What I saw yesterday...
Gas in Council Bluffs on the interstate = $3.75
Diesel = $4.45

Gas in N. KC on the interstate = $3.72
Diesel = $4.55

I'll be out and about in OP today, so I'll check prices around here, but I'm sure it'll be higher.

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

frawin

This was taken from an e-mail that my West Texas Congressman sends out weekly, I thought some of you would find it interesting, and it may make you think more on the candidate of you choice when you go to the voting booth.
Frank

Special Edition:
American-Made Oil and Gas: A History of Support and Opposition
June 4 , 2008 – Volume 4, Issue 15

Our energy crisis is a long-term issue that did not occur overnight and cannot be solved overnight. As we look at the possible solutions to our ongoing crisis, it is interesting to note how Republicans and Democrats have historically stood on potential supply solutions.

ANWR Exploration
House Republicans: 91% Supported
House Democrats: 86% Opposed

Coal-to-Liquid
House Republicans: 97% Supported
House Democrats: 78% Opposed

Oil Shale Exploration
House Republicans: 90% Supported
House Democrats: 86% Opposed

Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) Exploration
House Republicans: 81% Supported
House Democrats: 83% Opposed

Refinery Increased Capacity
House Republicans: 97% Supported
House Democrats: 96% Opposed

Overall, 91% of House Republicans have historically voted to increase the production of American-made oil and gas. 86% of House Democrats have historically voted against increasing the production of American-made oil and gas.

We must work together to rationally look at possible solutions that will address increasing American-sourced production of crude oil, natural gas, gasoline and electricity.

pam

better leave the Arctic Reserve alone.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

pam

Wise man once said "anything you do affects the next seven generations so before you do it you better think about that."
Drilling in the Arctic is goin to have consequences and repercussions nobody can even guess.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

W. Gray

These figures come from a quick search of several web sites:

Oil Consumption in US, about 20,000,000 barrels per day

Domestic production about 11,000,000 barrels per day

Oil imports about 9,000,000 barrels per day

Oil exports about 1,000,000 barrels per day

Oil Imports Per Day to the US
Canada 1,795,000 barrels
Saudi Arabia 1,535,000
Mexico 1,232,000
Nigeria 1,154,000
Venezuela 858,000
Iraq 773,000
Angola 384,000
Algeria 247,000
Ecuador 231,000
Kuwait 199,000
Brazil 188,000
Russia 108,000
Congo 105,000
Chad 101,000

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk