Better Fill up today

Started by frawin, February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Crude continues to move up at $88.63, up $1.36, with lots of contracts trading. My guess is the pump price will be moving up more.

larryJ

Naturally...............holiday weekend coming up.........thousands of people hitting the open road........still the price is a lot better than the $100 a barrel not too long ago.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

srkruzich

Quote from: frawin on August 30, 2011, 09:18:50 AM
Crude continues to move up at $88.63, up $1.36, with lots of contracts trading. My guess is the pump price will be moving up more.

Hell they haven't come down any. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

frawin

Crude Oil settled at $88.90, up $1.63 on the day.

frawin

Crude is trading down at $87.88, off $1.02.

http://bloom.bg/pdMgPH

frawin

Crude has moved from negative to positive trading at $89.23, up $0.33.

frawin

Crude settled at $88.81, down $0.09 on the day.

frawin

Crude is trading at $88.72, down $0.09.

frawin

The crude market has moved up in volume and price both, currently trading at $89.76, up $0.95. Lots of contracts.

flintauqua

Frank,

I read an article in our local paper (the Arkansas Democrat Gazette) a few days ago that tried to pin the disconnect between falling oil prices and falling gasoline prices on the difference between the price for West Texas Intermediate and Brent North Sea crude prices and the glut of WTI at Cushing with not enough refining capacity to turn it into gasoline in the Midwest. 

The article went on to say that the reason Arkansas gasoline prices were still high was that our gasoline comes from the Gulf Coast refineries and they use imported Brent, which is much more expensive than WTI right now.

I can't find the article, but I found this one from earlier in the year (from a better source):

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Oil-Prices/Why-are-WTI-and-Brent-Prices-so-Different.html

Question for you - Is the fact that gasoline is still high, while WTI is relatively cheap, caused by these logistics and infrastructure issues, or are they just an easy scapegoat to keep everything high?
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk