Better Fill up today

Started by frawin, February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanna

Quote from: W. Gray on May 28, 2008, 07:57:36 AM...The highest we filled up at was $4.04 for 87 octane here in Centennial. The lowest was $3.79 at Severy. For some reason PJs in Howard was at $3.94 while Severy was at $3.79.  I have never seen that big a difference before....

The prices at gas stations usually are a direct reflection of what it costs them ~ at least in rural areas.  It costs more to get gas delivered if you are not close to a refinery or on a main highway or if you use a smaller quantity, so their prices are higher to cover the extra; but they make the same or often less profit on each gallon sold.  Also, many places only change their prices when they get the next load and see what they've had to pay for it (but I know in some places they go by the market prices for increases)  I've usually only seen a small price difference between here and Severy, and never enough to justify the extra 20 miles to fill up. A 5 cent price difference only means $1.00 on the fillup for me, and that's when I'm running on fumes!

The difference you saw was greater than normal, but I think it is most likely one or the other place had just got a new delivery of fuel at a different cost and adjusted their price to that.  Last week I noticed that P&J's stayed at $3.81 for several days while many places around us raised to $3.89 and more.  I'm sure glad we didn't have to go any long distances over the weekend!  Kudos to you, Waldo, for taking a trip with 3 females, no matter the distance! ;D

Devyn-Leann

We always get fuel at the Co-op station in Severy. Diesel and gasoline are always cheaper there than at P&J's. Tripco is usually lower than P&J's also. We're directly between Howard and Severy, so we usually just head north for fuel. And who wouldn't if you could save a dime a gallon?

I saw on World News Tonight, last night, that gasoline was $8 something a gallon, and diesel over $9/gallon in Germany.

Diane Amberg

Waldo, we'll be staying at Crooked Creek Lodge June 10 through the 13th. How's breakfast there? Anybody know? I've already got a burger on my list, since you say they are good. I'll be checking with you all for gas prices as we get closer to to Kansas. 

Teresa

We will be gone to New Mexico filming on location while you are here Diane.
Enjoy your visit... :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Teresa, I had a feeling you might be somewhere else, since your business is blossoming so well. I've been to a lot of New Mexico and really enjoyed all of it.  Where will you be?

Teresa

Albuquerque...
We will be filming the "End Of Trail World Championship" of Cowboy Action Shooting.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Have a good trip...you can practice your Spanish. ;) We enjoyed the "old city there", nice plaza and shops.

Bonnie M.

Greetings from Staunton, Illinois.  We are visiting our daughter & son-in-law, Karen & Gary Crosslin.  I'm using their lap top, and I'm not familiar with it, so don't be surprised at any mistakes that show up!

Gasoline in Longton was $3.99 a gallon, in Missouri it was $3.69, and here in Illinois it runs form $4.02 to $4.07.

We are driving a rental car, an "HHR" Chevrolet, and it's getting about 34 mpg, so we're very happy about that!  Today we drove to Springfield (Illinois) and toured the Lincoln Museum, very interested.  We ate lunch at a Cracker Barrell, so that was great!

We're driving back to Longton on Friday, and will be flying back to San Diego on Monday.  (We're getting kind of "homesick")

We enjoyed meeting Frank & Myrna at the Copan truck stop last Tuesday evening, that was so much fun.  Then, Jo & Fred dopped by to see us in Longton, and that was really nice, also.

There has been so much rain in this area of Illinois that the farmers have been unable to plant their corn crops.  It rained 4", then another 2 or 3" another day.  The forecast is for it not to rain again until Friday.

It's been great getting to be here with our daughter and family, and enjoying their new home.

Just wanted to report on the price of gas, and it got to be a little longer than that.

Gas is way too high!
Bonnie

frawin

Bonnie, if you want to stay closer to the airport on Sunday night, you know you are welcome here. Sounds like you have had a fun time, glad you got see Jo and Fred, that is always refreshing.
Frank

Bonnie M.

Thank you, Frank/Myrna...

We don't leave until almost noon from Tulsa on Monday, so we'll have plenty of time to get to the airport & get checked in. 

Thanks again. 
Bonnie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk