Better Fill up today

Started by frawin, February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Dale, we just came by our neighborhood station and Regular was $2.09.

Catwoman

Diane Amberg

larryJ

Still $3:09 - $3:19 here is SoCal-------------- :'(

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

frawin

When we came back into town last night , Regular Gas was $2.04

Rudy Taylor

I think cheap gasoline is the best stimulus in America. It encourages travel which results in spending at convenience stores, retail shops, malls, hotels, etc. I can't believe we're seeing $2.04 prices!
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Mom70x7

QuoteI think cheap gasoline is the best stimulus in America. It encourages travel which results in spending at convenience stores, retail shops, malls, hotels, etc.

What a lovely progression. Thanks!  :D

frawin

November-09 Crude is trading at $66.05, up $0.03, November Natural Gas is trading at $4.93, down $0.018. This is the first day of  November Natural Gas trading as the front month.
Regular Gas here was $2.03 last night.

frawin

Crude Oil Falls Below $66 as Dollar Strengthens, Equities Slide

By Alexander Kwiatkowski and Yee Kai Pin

Sept. 28 (Bloomberg) -- Crude oil slipped below $66 a barrel as a stronger dollar reduced the appeal of commodities and declines in equities raised concern a recovery in fuel demand may stall.

Crude slumped more than 8 percent last week, the biggest weekly drop since the week ending July 10, as U.S. stockpiles unexpectedly rose. Oil fell today as the dollar gained, limiting the commodity's appeal to investors as an inflation hedge. Stock markets in Europe and Asia traded lower.

R20;With rather weak equities and a strengthening dollar, we see the result with $65 a barrel now," said Hannes Loacker, an analyst at Raiffeisen Zentralbank Oesterreich in Vienna. "Last week's inventory data in the U.S. was really bad. It will be interesting if we see the same this week."

Crude oil for November delivery fell as much as 61 cents, or 0.9 percent, to $65.41 a barrel in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. It was at $65.65 at 10:50 a.m. in London. Futures have gained 47 percent this year.

European stocks retreated for a third day. The Dow Jones Stoxx 600 Index dropped 0.2 percent to 238.55 as of 10:23 a.m. in London, having earlier gained as much as 0.2 percent. In Asia, the MSCI Asia Pacific Index dropped as much as 1.7 percent to 116.57. The dollar traded at $1.4632 against the euro in London, strengthening from $1.4689 on Sept. 25.

OilR17;s drop was tempered by concerns that tensions with Iran may put supplies at risk. The world's fourth-largest oil producer carried out missile tests days before meeting with Western officials over a previously secret nuclear facility.

No Iran Rally

R20;There is quite a bit of spare capacity in the system, so there is no screaming need for IranR17;s oil,R21; said Edward Meir, an analyst with MF Global Ltd. in Connecticut. "It seems the markets are not that unnerved and seem to be implying that the tensions will not be enough to generate any meaningful rally."

Officials from the U.S., China, France, Germany, Russia and the U.K. will meet Iranian counterparts Oct. 1 in Geneva. Extra sanctions are being prepared after Iran secretly began building a pilot fuel-enrichment plant, according to officials.

The international community has a "rich list" of economic, banking, and technology sanctions it can apply to get Iran to end its nuclear research, U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates said yesterday.

R20;There is no military option that does anything but buy time," Gates said in an interview on CNN.

Crude tumbled last week as mixed economic data pulled U.S. equity prices lower and the country's crude oil and fuel stockpiles increased.

Brent crude oil for November settlement fell as much as 62 cents, or 1 percent, to $64.49 a barrel on the London-based ICE Futures Europe exchange. It traded at $64.69 at 10:40 a.m. local time. The contract dropped 8.7 percent last week, the biggest weekly decline this year.

A Conference Board report tomorrow in the U.S., the world's largest oil user, may show consumer confidence is at its highest in a year, according to economists surveyed by Bloomberg News.

frawin

November-09 Crude settled at $66.84, up $0.82 0n the day, November-09 Natural Gas settled at $4.83, down $0.118 on the day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk