GRAY, Neva Jean (Bennett) - b. April 6, 1924 - d. February 15, 2008

Started by Teresa, February 16, 2008, 09:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Jean Gray died last night. She had been in the nursing home in Towanda, Ks.. but after suffering several strokes, she was in Wichita in the hospital. She was battling Alzheimer's also.
These last few days, even though they had her on pain drugs.. she still  was very miserable and uncomfortable and in a lot of pain.
Now thank goodness, she is home, on the other side, and pain free once again.
I think people will always remember that Jean had the flower shop and Waldo had the barber shop.
John hasn't made the funeral arraignments yet, but I'm sure that as soon as he does, Danny or I will post them on here.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

W. Gray

Thank you, Teresa,

My Mom and I were talking about her on the phone earlier this morning. I notified Mom after seeing your post.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

flo

I have just received an e-mail that Jean Gray's services will be at 2:00 Wed. Feb. 20, at the Howard UMC. Visitation 1:00
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

indygal

I'm sorry to hear of Jean's passing. I met her last summer as we both were leaving the grocery store. It was a very hot day (dangerously so) and she was planning to walk home, so I walked with her to keep her company. When we got to her house, she invited me in and showed me her many sewing projects. She apparently was quite a seamstress in her day. Though I never got a chance to know her, she was kind and generous to me, and I'm sure she will be missed by those who knew and loved her well.

Mom70x7

NEVA JEAN GRAY

Neva Jean Gray, 83, of Howard, died Friday, February 15, 2008, at Lakepoint Nursing Home in Augusta, KS.  She was born, April 6, 1924 in Howard, KS, the daughter of Albert W. and Myrtle Joyce (Anderson) Bennett.

Jean was a graduate of Howard High School.  On October 18, 1944 in Eureka, KS she married Waldo Gray.  They were married for 55 years until his death on January 10, 2000.   Jean had a natural touch for flowers, arts and crafts.  In the 1960's she opened Grays Greenhouse in Howard, which she operated until her retirement in 1989.  After retirement from Grays Greenhouse, she started a new business called Jean's Designs and Crafts, which she ran until her second retirement in October of 2007.

Jean was a member of the Howard United Methodist Church, and a member of the Women's Auxiliary.  In her spare time when not working on arts and crafts, she loved to play Bingo.  But most of all she loved being with her family.

Jean is survived by:
One Son:  John Gray, Towanda, KS
Two Sisters:   Marjorie Morris, Winfield, KS
           Naomi Spencer, Columbia, MO
8 Grandchildren and 8 Great Grandchildren

She was preceded in death by her husband Waldo, one daughter Trudy Dilli and one brother William A. Bennett.

Funeral services will be held Wednesday, February 20, 2008 at 2:00 pm at the Howard United Methodist Church.  Visitation will be from 1:00 pm until service time.  Burial will be at Grace Lawn Cemetery, Howard, KS.  

Online Condolences may be left at; www.countrysidefh.com  

Memorial contributions are suggested to the Lakepoint Aviaries Living Design and can be mailed to; Countryside Funeral Home P.O. Box 247, Fredonia, KS 66736.   Services entrusted to: Zimmerman Funeral Home, Howard, KS.  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk