SIRENS!!!

Started by Wilma, January 31, 2008, 07:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Does anyone know what the fire was early this morning?  I heard the siren at 5:00 am.  Son-in-law told me it was somewhere on E. Monroe.

indygal

The sirens woke us up, Wilma, but we didn't hear any fire engines go past our place.

MarineMom

I was watching the snow as it got started when the sirens went off saw all the firemen heading towards the firehouse but never did hear the truck leave

Mom70x7

When Jim came in from doing the papers, he said the coffee folk said it was Randy Light's house.

Cause unknown, except Randy had supposedly done some wiring last week on his house.

Lookatmeknow!!

I have my daycare on E Olive and it was Randy Lights house.  It is just across the street from our rental house, which Micky Wunderlich used to live.  The fire trucks were here until around 8:00, not much structure damage, of course there are windows broken out and spots on the roof, but the fire was more inside.
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Wilma

Isn't this just the best party line ever?

Bonnie M.

I think so.  I really enjoy knowing what's going on back there.  I have known so many of the people who have had their Obituaries posted, and I really appreciate all of you who do that.   

We always come back to Kansas for Memorial Day (week.)  So, I'm wondering if that would be a time when interested people might meet somewhere, to put a face to a name?  Maybe we could meet at the new restaurant in Moline?  (Or, wherever!)
Bonnie

Roma Jean Turner

That would be great.  I like to come down and decorate the graves at Moline.  Memorial Day Weekend is when they have their Alumni Weekend, so as I understand it is hard to find a place to stay and but we could all meet at the new restaurant, who knows how many old friends would be in town. Spouses can't go to the Alumni banquet, etc in Moline, so everyone's spouse who didn't graduate from there has to wander around. Anyway, good idea.

Bonnie M.

I think there are other Alumni Banquets going on, I know it is in Longton, and Howard, so I'd think Thursday or Friday would probably be the better time to try and meet.  There's a pretty full day of activites in Longton on the Saturday before Memorial Day, and there probably is in Moline and Howard, also.

Anyway, it's fun to think that it might work out, and I'm sure it CAN be worked out!  And, no one would have to worry about bringing food!
Bonnie

Wilma

I usually meet a cousin for lunch and a trip to the country cemetery where my parents and her husband, parents, grandparents and grt grndparents are buried on the Friday before Memorial Day.  I will think about it, though.  Let's continue to talk about it and see what happens.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk