WEATHER!!!!!

Started by Wilma, January 15, 2008, 10:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

Flo,

Arthur has been smashing into me for the last week or so.......which does mean the weather has gone to HECK

now since I also have a nasty cold......nose won't stop running and am getting a cough.....I think I will spend the day on the sofa with a blanket and book.........(maybe NAP!!) and oh, since this is a weather theme.........will mention that
I really wish we could get a few more HOT days before winter........
I can already feel the cabin-fever............course, it is the rainy weather....but I do dread the winter months.,

Oh, well "this too shall pass"
Stay dry.
Judy
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

Judy ,have you ever tried Cymbalta for your muscle pain?  Al's Dr. had him try a very low dose recently for his Polio muscle pain and it has helped him a lot.

Tobina+1

I had to drain my driveway yesterday afternoon.  The run-off from the pasture to the West comes down the hill and into our driveway, and then down our driveway towards the house.  So I cut out some drainage ditches on the side of the driveway, so the water can flow to the East, rather than towards the house.  I got wet.  Except for my feet; sure am glad I have made use of those birthday swamp-walkers this summer!
My poor tomatoes are just sitting on the vine, nice and green, waiting for some sun to make them red!  LOTS of them!  Once it heats up/IF it heats up, I'll be swimming in little toms.
Wichita is preparing for floods; maybe even like the flood of 1998, they said on the news. 

Judy Harder

I can't believe it......I see SUNSHINE...............YIPEE AND YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

kind of muggy, but with all this water around I understand why.

I kind of figure, this is the lull before the next storm.

Diane, I am on a the generic form of cymbalta and take a double dose a day............it does help......but that doesn't stop the fibromyagia predicting the rain/moisture that is coming.

I am easy for now....it is just this durn cold I am dealing with and I may have a slight touch of the "Runs" I was told flu is going around and as stressed out as I am right now...........that is JUST what I need.

Judy
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

Judy, Al just asked me to ask you what the generic name is. 

jprxmkt

There is no generic for Cymbalta in the United States yet. It must be a different drug, not Cymbalta.
Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 12, 2008, 12:05:50 PM
Judy, Al just asked me to ask you what the generic name is. 

There is no generic for Cymbalta in the United States yet. It must be generic for a different drug, not Cymbalta.

lola330

jprxmkt:  Don't look now, but you have an echo wherever  you're posting from!  OH, and since this is the weather thread, I wonder if it has anything to do with all this rain?!!   :laugh:

Wilma

My gauge says 3 and 1/2 inches and Flo, you could come fish in my river if you had a pole.  I gave up all of mine, too.

Roma Jean Turner

A friend of mine in Wichita sent this e-mail to me and thought I would pass this on as it may really effect Elk Co as well.  I know here in Springfield everyone is really watching and trying to figure out how this may effect us.  Yesterday when I dropped off donations at the MS Society they were watching the forecast carefully.  Some of the areas we will be going through are prone to flash flooding.  There are over 900 riders and 500 volunteers so it would take a lot to cancel it, but it would take more to have us all scattered through the countryside on a bad day.   :laugh: :laugh:  Anyway, here is the message.

Subject: FYI ONLY - they've held a news conference here on KAKE TV regarding rainfall amts predicted for
Wichita and I got this email from a friend who got it from USD 259 (our school district) so the powers that be are taking this serious!  I sit on a very high hill one of the highest points I think in Wichita so do not worry about me if my phone goes out – I will just have major cabin fever if I get "rained in"!  I've let Nancy know also.  This happened in Great Bend in 1981 – all flooded out in a matter of hours – it started raining late in afternoon and didn't quit till early AM next day –pouring like buckets –

Read this from USD 259 -

This is a weather update that was received from a friend who has a sister who works for USD 259.  She always has special access to special weather info because she activates clean up crews for USD 259

It read -

I realize our weather here is no comparison (to Houston) to there.  But, a seldom seen event is occurring here in that our county disaster preparedness manager has issued an activation of the EOC (emergency operations center which is housed in the basement of the county courthouse) beginning tomorrow (Friday) as it is probable that we will see double digit rainfall totals here by Monday morning. Activating the EOC puts all major city/county responder entities into effect.  They are saying it will be a lot like our Halloween '99 flood.  Our EOC is seldom activated except during times of significant weather damage.  It's really kind of scary.  I'm sure the grocery stores will be packed all weekend long.

Lookatmeknow!!

Do you know that is what my husband said that John Wiseman was saying at Lannings, that we would see double digits by Monday.  I remember those floods.  I was driving back and forth to Wichita finishing up school and I couldn't make it to class then.  We are in for a fun weekend!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk