WEATHER!!!!!

Started by Wilma, January 15, 2008, 10:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Tha sounds like a plan.  I nominate Diane to see that he gets enough to make sure he sleeps through Saturday.

Diane Amberg

Right now it's pouring here, but 10 miles north it's ice. I think Gobbler's Knob is having an ice storm.  I'm told that Phil, like most marmots, enjoys a good dark lager, but I would think a few hot toddies or some hot buttered rum would be the ticket today and tonight.  ;D

sixdogsmom

The sun is brilliant against the snow of yesterday. Poor old Phil would have to be wearing sunglasses if he were here today! Hot buttered rium sounds good, I haven't ever tried that, but it sounds good!
Edie

Wilma

Give Phil whatever he likes and plenty of it.  I am thinking from the weather map for your region, that he might not see his shadow tomorrow, anyway.

MarineMom

He saw his shadow this morning :'(

Wilma

They SAY he saw his shadow.  The only picture I saw of him, he had his eyes closed.  Can it be authentic if he didn't actually see his shadow?  And isn't he supposed to wake up and come out of his burrow and see his shadow?  Is pulling him out of his nest, holding him high for the cameras, then replacing him the same thing?  We might have a case here if we care to pursue it.

However, it is done, I am sure that if he opened his eyes, he saw his shadow.  Also, here in Elk County.  The sun is bright this morning and the temperatures will get above freezing.  Still a lot of snow on the ground.

MarineMom

Wonder where we could find a lawyer to pursue a class action suit against Puxatawny Phil  ;D

Diane Amberg

Happy Candlemas Day to you all. The storms cleared out and as you know, Phil did see his shadow.  But then we're supposed to get up to 50 today and perhaps 60 on Tuesday and Wednesday. Now if you were and old German farmer, today is the day you check all your supplies to see if you still have half of it left to finish out the winter. So check out those hay mows and corn cribs folks. By the way, the "not so secret" society that takes care of Phil in Punxsutawney, does have legal representation. It's the "Rodent Attorneys Trial Society", better known as RATS. ;D

Lookatmeknow!!

Today is Monday February 4th.  I come to work at about 6:30 every day, and today it is very very very foggy.  I cant believe it is so foggy.  I live in Howard and feel sorry for those who have to drive very far.
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Judy Harder

Boy, today is beautiful.........I could take this for another month or so and then it would be Spring for real.
temp is in the 70's and I know it will change....(after all I am in Kansas) but for now it is just about perfect.

I have managed to walk 45 minutes today. Yes, it is muddy and it will take time for it to dry up. 

I cleaned up the yard a bit and then sat out in the sun.

Hope you all take time to step out and enjoy. This is a great day the Lord has made.

AOYP
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk