WEATHER!!!!!

Started by Wilma, January 15, 2008, 10:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

This is a beautiful snow............makes me wish my kids were still young so I could go out and play in it.
At my age if I were to go out to make a snow man I am afraid the neighbors would call the men in the white coats.....LOL

I just cleared off my porch for the second time since I got up.(.dog has to go out).......around 7:30 there was 5 inches plus......as of a half hour ago there was about 9 inches and I had to go out and take a picture or two and just stand amazed at what is out there. It is still coming down but so softly.........love it.

I like snow when it is like this.........but, after this one lets all pray for an early spring........I have had enough......LOL.......waving the white flag.........Have a great warm day you all.....and aoyp
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Wilma

This one is enough for me, too.  I have a cousin that has her six shooter primed ready to shoot the ground hog before he can see his shadow.

MarineMom

I will paint a bullseye on his little behind to make sure she does not miss ;D

Judy Harder

After I wrote the first post of the day, I bundled up and walked up to the postoffice.
It is so pretty out.........I had to walk up on road.
Took more effort to get from my front door to the road, but then after making sure the traffic
would NOT run me off the road, just walked out with no prob.

When it refreezes we will be in trouble.......it is slushy out on the road and they are working on removal.

I got mail for Irene and I and when I got back home, the dog gave me a nasty look for leaving him at home, I made him
walk in the alley. Now, he is short and his belly dragged through the snow......I had to laugh at him but he was game and wanted to walk more.

But, I used my head and just came back home. My hips are talking to me . I was tempted to go back up to cafe......but will stay in.
I can enjoy it just watching the birds and will head to my book now.
Hope all stay well.
AOYP
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

I've been watching your weather. We had 53 MPH winds here yesterday, did some damage in the area. It's cold and clear now with rain and maybe some ice tomorrow. Keep in mind that "our" groundhog Phil, has the internet and everything in his burrow, so he decide whether to see his shadow or not. He does take bribes. Just send them to me and I'll see that he gets them. ;D ;D ;D

greatguns

I don't have a problem with six more weeks of winter as long as the days are like they were on Saturday Jan. 26.  I mean a 70 degree winter day isn't bad!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

sixdogsmom

Quote from: Diane Amberg on January 31, 2008, 02:51:59 PM
I've been watching your weather. We had 53 MPH winds here yesterday, did some damage in the area. It's cold and clear now with rain and maybe some ice tomorrow. Keep in mind that "our" groundhog Phil, has the internet and everything in his burrow, so he decide whether to see his shadow or not. He does take bribes. Just send them to me and I'll see that he gets them. ;D ;D ;D

Sooooo exactly what do you bribe a groundhog with? Hmmmmm????  ::) ::)
Edie

Wilma

What's your favorite brand of chocolates, Diane?  Do you think your groundhog would like them?

Diane Amberg

Well now, I, err, Punxsutawney Phil loves Fannie Mae's Colonial assortment. ;D  Apples and carrots are good too. He can get his own danged tomatoes and probably will next summer. We are supposed to have partly cloudy skies Sat. morning, so who knows.

sixdogsmom

Maybe we could ply him with old fashioneds tomorrow night and he might forget to show up on Saturday morning? Does that sound like a plan??  ;D
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk