WEATHER!!!!!

Started by Wilma, January 15, 2008, 10:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

I would describe it in Bartlesville as the same as you described it in God's Country, Elk County, Kansas USA. Clear and cold a beautiful day otherwise.
Frank Winn

Wilma

Excuse, please.  Archeobabe's post is actually mine.  She still hasn't been able to replace her computer and is using mine and I didn't know that she hadn't logged out.

But it is still a beautiful day in Elk County, Kansas.

Diane Amberg

We had some treacherous black ice last night with a lot of accidents. Today is cold and clear with perhaps snow showers tonight.
Bonnie and Joanna, my tile guy and I had a meeting of the minds and all is well. The granite tile looks wonderful.
The electrician came yesterday, added the extra outlets I wanted and installed 3 pieces of under cabinet lighting. Love it!  It is very expensive, but I've been planning this for a long time. I have to wait 2 more weeks for the limestone back splash to arrive, but things are back together enough so I can use the kitchen once more.  It's a good excuse to see what I want to pare down, throw out or store somewhere else. I've been slowly moving some of my big kettles and larger pans to our attached garage so I don't have to run the basement stairs as often.

Jo McDonald

Congratulations, Diane !  That is wonderful.  I had a wonderful kitchen in our home that we sold to our oldest Grandson and wife.  I miss that.  This full time RVing is a great life, but this 5th wheel is a "fattin' pen"  Not enough stairs to run.  lol 
I know you will enjoy your new kitchen.
  The weather here in south TX is NOT GOOD  we have had cold temps and rain, rain, rain.  Last night we had a dance at the club house, so OF COURSE we went, and since is is just a hop and skip over there, we walked.  3 hours later, it was time to come home and it had been raining hard most of that time.  There is poor drainage here, and the streets fill up, so we waded water all the way, and got rained on to boot.  Sure had a good time dancing, and then not so good time trudging home in water.  Life is good and never boring. !!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Joanna

Oh Jo!  I'm so sorry your weather isn't great (NOT!!!)  My friend in Orlando, FL just emailed to tell me that her weather is awful too, it only got up to 70 to day and tomorrow probably won't get above 65.  Boo hoo!

(Just kidding you know...  I love to dream of being somewhere warm so your stories really are appreciated!)

Bonnie M.

Diane, I'm glad you're "back in your kitchen!"  It does cost a lot, but like you, we'd planned for the improvements for a long time, and we "look at it and smile!"  It's been a challenge to keep the cabinet tops completely cleared off, but we're succeeded, so far.  Bob received a new "Bose" radio for Christmas, and it did rate a spot on the new granite counter top!  We never have enough storage space for stuff, so that's always a problem, where to put things!  I'll be anxious to see pictures, when you are through with everything you're doing.

As for our weather.....well, it's not too shabby!  We are hoping for rain this week-end.  Jo, it sounds like you've really been having lots of rain.  Even though it's inconvenient at times, it's sure good to have rain in the part of the country where it's usually so dry.
Bonnie

Wilma

Good morning, everyone.  Today is a ditto of yesterday, except for the diamonds in the back yard.  I don't know where they went and I think it is even colder.  Tomorrow starts a warming trend.  Methinks Kansas is still the best place to live.

Wilma

Where, oh, where has my sunshine gone?
Where, oh, where could it be?
Bonnie?  Jo?   Diane?
Have you seen my sunshine?

sixdogsmom

Wilma, does Bud get bored these cold cold days? My tomcat is so bored, he spent last night in the basement on safari. He has so much hunting instinct, he has to use it somewhere. Today, he is napping on the couch.
Edie

Bonnie M.

Our sunshine is here today, gone tomorrow!  Or, so the weatherman tells us!  We actually are forecast to get a good rain on Saturday and Sunday.  Which makes sense, because this is the week-end of the "Buick Invitational" golf tournament at Torrey Pines!  Tiger Woods, Phil Michelson, and all of "those boys" are here playing golf.  And, it's not at all unusual for whichever week-end they have that tournament, for it to rain!
Bonnie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk