WEATHER!!!!!

Started by Wilma, January 15, 2008, 10:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Looks like Puxatawny Phil might have called it wrong this year, right, Diane?  Just saw lots of snow flakes in your region on the national weather channel.  You could say it is nice here, but I don't think so.  Nice is when I can go outside and want to stay outside.  The north wind is blowing, the sun is barely showing through the clouds and there is a possibiity of rain.  Just the way the last of March should be.  So what am I complaining about?  I don't know.  Haven't I always said Kansas is the place to be?

Diane Amberg

sixdogsmom

Poor Phil! We need to send a blankey and hot toddy!  ;) ;)
Edie

Lookatmeknow!!

Ok. The storms are on.  Last night the wind was terrible.  I got up to check the weather to see what was happening, and all 3 girls got up.  The older ones sleep upstairs and they really got scared.  I felt bad for them, but come on 5 people in one bed is not comfortable.  This morning when I was coming to town there were lots of little limbs in the roads along the way.  But at Bertha Baumgartels place there was a big tree in the road, it must have been hit by lightning.  It was split down the side.  It could have just been the rain, but the way that it looks I don't know.  Have a great day and Keep safe!!  I think that we are in for a long stormy day!! :(
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

patyrn

Please keep the Howard weather information updated today for those of us who live away from the area. We're always concerned about our houses there.  We left Howard yesterday after spending the weekend there and encountered a tornado during the night that went right over our neighborhood in Edmond, OK outside of Oklahoma City.  We had no damage, but it was pretty scary and a few homes within a mile of ours were totally demolished along with several that lost their roofs.  It is dreary and windy again today with predictions for more storms tonight.  Welcome to the Midwest.........................Happy Spring!

Wilma

Right now, the sun is shining, just barely, but it is throwing shadows.  We are still in a watch area until this evening.  The front that is causing this is at Wichita so I think we will be having storms again this evening.

Devyn-Leann

This weather is just just dandy. I live in a manufactured home, out in the middle of nowhere, with no basement. To say this weather scares me to death is an understatement. The first spring we lived there, Billy was at work in the middle of the day and Lane and I were alone. It was a very stormy day and suddenly we were in a tornado warning. Thunderstorms alone scare me...so I was a nervous wreck! Dan and Joetta weren't home, otherwise I would have gone to their place...So Lane and I went to the culvert at the end of the driveway and sat there for a bit with the weather radio. I was so very scared!!! Billy still laughs about that story to this day, but I'd rather be safe than sorry!!!

It is very humid here today, so we'll see what happens this evening.

Devyn-Leann

Just read this at KAKE 10's website.....

At least one Kansas school is sending
students home early because of the violent weather moving through
the state.

High winds tore off part of the roof of Lyndon High School in
Osage County early Monday, so officials sent students home at 8:30
a.m. so they could assess the extent of damage.

Similar damage may be taking place as strong winds, large hail
and heavy rain make their way through parts of the state and
forecasters predict more of the same for much of the day.

Residents of Labette report that flooding in the southeast
Kansas town is affecting some property. In Dickenson, a spotter
reported hail nearly two inches in diameter overnight, and reports
of winds near 70 miles per hour through the eastern half of the
state are common.

A tornado watch is in effect until 4 p.m. for a portion of Kansas. Kansas counties under the watch are Bourbon, Chautauqua, Cherokee, Cowley, Crawford, Elk, Labette, Montgomery, Neosho and Wilson.

Diane Amberg

Don't people build storm cellars any more?

Lookatmeknow!!

I want to tell you that my daycare is in a mobile home.  I hate that about it.  I wish we would have put it in the home on the place we bought instead of renting it out.  But I am seriously thinking about building a storm shelter.  The good thing is that my daycare is not to far from the High School and the principal told me that we could come over there if the weather was ever bad.  But right now it is sunny, but I am sure that we are in for more today!! :(
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk