WEATHER!!!!!

Started by Wilma, January 15, 2008, 10:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

everyone must have been outside enjoying the sunshine today cause if it weren't for those word games, there wouldn't be many new posts.  Guess I'll go to bed now and maybe be something to read tomorrow.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Jo McDonald

I am like you, Flo, yesterday was a very quiet day on the forum.  I just logged on a little while ago -- today has been a busy one for me.  This morning it was in the upper 70's - I had company in and out my door until nearly 1:30 -- the sun was bright and shining - then I sat down to read the Corpus Christi paper and within 15 minutes it was dark and cloudy and one of our neighbors came over and said -- "turn your TV on we are under a tornado alert".  Well, Holie Buckets, I did just that and we are still having the effect of that announcememt.  There was a tornado that touched down about 17 miles south west of us - and the wind came up and the tops of the palm trees looked like their tops were going to blow off.  Temps dropped 15 degrees and it is still raining.  We do need the rain, badly, but golden oldies don't need the "shock" of that kind of news.  lol lol lol

We had this same thing happen last Thursday evening -- a tornado touched down in Corpus in a residential area and done damage to some homes.  The park manager from Elk City called and said he was watching MSNBC and they said there was a tornado at Corpus and he was scared that we were not alright.  Bless him -- he is a jewel.  I told him the news was not correct - and then within 15 minutes we were in it and the temp dropped 33 degrees ... Guess our area is on the schedule for some goofy weather for a while.

But all is well, and we are safe and dry..and our hair is still  on our heads.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

flo

WOW - that was close enough.  Now when you come back to this neck of the woods, you leave all that weather down there, okay?  ???
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Teresa

Jeepers Mom.. I'm glad you are alright.. you know me.. I would have run screaming to............well.. I don't know where.. but I would run..  :D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

frawin

The weather looks like it is going to be beautiful here today as well.  I think tomorrow the wind is supposed to blow, joy joy!  I am really getting anxious to get started with landscaping and get some plants in the ground!  Guess I'm still a country girl at heart.  Your horseback riding sounds fun too,  I would still enjoy that as well!

Mlw

Jo McDonald

I see on the weather window at the top of this page the temp is 57 in Howard, KS   It is 55 here at Aransas Pass, TX. 

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? What's wrong with this picture   ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

frawin

Jo, you've really had a much colder than normal winter there, and ugly weather besides!

Myrna

Teresa

OH MY GOSH!!
At 6:30 this morning the thunder and lightening started and then at about 7 the started..

and it is STILL going.. it isn't that cold out.. but the rain!! And it isn't just drizzling.. It looks like it is a steady "set in for the day " rain.
Where is it going to go? My back yard is starting to look like a small swimming pool.

Teresa

Even though it is raining ...I am still going to send you all something that will make you thankful that Spring is coming.

Click on the link below. You will get a blank page. Click your mouse anywhere (& everywhere) on the page & see what happens! Better yet,click & drag your mouse over the blank page...

http://www.procreo.jp/labo/flower_garden.swf

Knut

Better look out, they'll start taxing us for lake-front property
here in beautiful down-town Howard [pronounced HORRID]! lol.  Our back yard has small
ponds, a river runs on our west side, and of course the ditches out front get very full
even with just a brief shower. Much to our BBBL's liking! The neighbors love to watch
him make a wake as he runs through. :-\ ;D ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk