Were you a Dave Clark Five fan?

Started by T. Sackett, January 11, 2008, 08:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. Sackett

If you were a teenager in the latter 50s and 60's, you're bound to remember this group and their music.

http://www.daveclarkfive.com/daveclarkfive/index2.htm
Honorary Member of the Old Man's 4-H Club: Hernia, Hiccups, Hemorrhoids, and Heartburn!

Bonnie M.

This is a great web-site.  I was not a teenager when they were popular, but I love their music!
Bonnie

Diane Amberg

Teresa

yep me too... my era ..had most of their albums and lots of the 45's.
Still got them in fact.  :D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

larryJ

I had to sign on for my comment as I didn't want to miss this.  Interestingly enough, Dave Clark's music was different in that it was a different sound.  I studied music for many years in school.  Music at that time (early sixties) was 4/4 such as march music or hymns, etc. This means there were four beats to a bar of music.  Waltzes are 3/4 music and then there was 2/4 also.  These were all standard rhythms.  What was unique about Dave Clark is that he introduced a 5/4 beat, unheard of at that time.  Or, at least not used much.  What this means is that instead of four notes to a bar, there were five, but with a four bar beat.  Have I lost you yet?  Anyway, his biggest hit was actually a jazz song which crossed over to the pop charts. There is your music lesson for the day. ;D
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Ya didn't lose me.  Most of our band stuff was in 4/4 but we played it in 2.  I had completely forgotten about the 5 note bar. You had to see it written down to get it. Thanks!

Roma Jean Turner

Jo McDonald

OH WOW !!!  That selection  letter  P is a good number to "jiggle" off some pounds.   lol

Thanks for that web site and Good heavens No --- that was not my era, but it was our girls, so I enjoyed all of them also.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk