Hit Parade

Started by W. Gray, January 09, 2008, 04:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

I found your post below the reply page and, Rudy, that is wonderful to know things that are factual.  Thanks !!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Ole Granny

Rudy, Thanks for info on Rodney Lay.  This forum is a wealth of information.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Rudy Taylor

Sally's info was correct, too.  I didn't mean to make mine sound authoritative.

You're all so darned respectful of me!  With age comes respect, I suppose.

But I can screw up more facts than you can imagine. So don't take me too
seriously.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Ole Granny

Rudy, You're joking-right.  Serious--nah...  Guess I have more respect than you since I'm older. 
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

greatguns

I don't know anything, I just got my info off his website.

Rudy Taylor

Now, Sally, I don't buy that.  We all think you're a girl of high intellect, charm and pleasing aroma.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Judy Harder

Yeah, Rudy that is what so much FUN
about being older...........we can get away with it.

Just the other day a friend and I were discussing a birthday party and
we were trying to guess the age of the person..........then we  found out
that person (Yes, Bonnie, Ardis) was 90 and I looked at Bev and said "that isn't
so old"

Guess it depends on what decade we are in........LOL.
I had read something about Rodney Lay being in Ok, but didn't want to jump in,
cause it would just might not be true.

I do know that when I danced to his group we usually got to the VFW Hall in
Independence and he sure could get us all moving.

I have been enjoying all of your responses to this thread, and sure wish I had grown up here
where dances and kids and their folks attending were the norm.............city people
seem to spend their time working, which is good, and all the dances I got to go to were senior grade
in highschool cause of the strictness of my folks......

I too jumped into a marriage to get out of the house......and learned the hard way that wasn't the
way to do it...............dumb de dumb dumb.........

Thanks for the enjoyment of reading your stories.

AOYP
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Bonnie M.

Rudy, thank you so much for posting the information about Rodney Lay.  That was just like hearing from an old friend!  I always admired him, as he, and his band, always were a "clean cut" group, and people really enjoyed dancing to their music.

The other night, on KPBS, there was a "special" about the old time variety shows, and there were a number of the people who were in those shows, many years ago, who were interviewed for the "special."  Some aged well, other's didn't.  Tony Orlando wasn't looking too healthy, I think he did have a lot of health problems.  (I guess he's still alive?)   Probably the funniest man we thought was ever on T.V. was Tim Conway!   The Carol Burnett show was excellent, we thought. 

I might just throw this in here, (wrong category, I know!) that the Chargers are playing football tomorrow, and you can't believe the "hype" in San Diego County!  I hesitate to even mention it, as they could very well lose by a score of 67 to 0 (or something like that!)  I don't think our quarterback can play, due to a knee injury, and I'm not sure about Damian Thomlinson.  The temperature in Boston, (I think it is where they're playing,) is to be between 0 and 13 degrees, and our "boys" left San Diego yesterday with a temperature near 70ยบ.  I know, "poor babies!"  Of course, they play the Patriots, who have won, what is it, 17 games in a row?  Anyone want to wager a bet, on who wins?
Bonnie

Wilma

Of course you are betting on the Chargers, aren't you, Bonnie?

Bonnie M.

I doubt it!  It's just as well that I actually don't "make" bets!
Bonnie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk