Sounds great!  Good for you.
Bonnie

Judy Harder

It is closer to home, too, isn't it?
or is the commute about the same?
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Janet Harrington

It's a little further drive, but a more interesting drive because I get to drive through Elk County more.  A trooper from Independence asked me if I was tired of the drive, yet, and I'm really not.  Even when the highway has been snowpacked and icy, it was a pleasant drive for me.

greatguns

Now Janet you be a friendly girl and talk to people. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  It sounds like a better job to me than working at the prison.  I take it you work 3rd shift.  Take care and I do hope you enjoy your new job.

W. Gray

Amazon shipping, huh?

Where's my order???? ;D
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Janet Harrington

Ha Ha about your order, Waldo.  Amazon has about 6 facilities in the United States.  I'm sure your order is somewhere around here.

Roma Jean Turner

Congratulations on the new job Janet.  I would think that working in the prison could get very depressing.

sixdogsmom

Exactly what are you doing at Amazon, Janet? Security?  :-X  :-X
Edie

W. Gray

I have never had a problem with Amazon shipping and I have been buying from them since the mid 90s when they came into business and sold only books.

Even the items which have free shipping and are supposed to come by "slow boat" always arrive in a decent time.

Amazon was not the original name of the company.

I cannot recall the name but it sounded a lot like cadaver and apparently was turning a few people off and away.

So it was renamed after the world's largest river flow.

The naming idea was to coincide with the fact there was a huge amount of water flowing in the river and there would be a huge amount of goods flowing from the company.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Mom70x7

According to Wikipedia, The company began operating as an online bookstore under the name Cadabra.com (as in abracadabra), a name that Bezos quickly abandoned due to its sounding like "cadaver".

I didn't know that - I learned something today.  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk