DSL in Howard

Started by indygal, December 20, 2007, 07:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indygal

I'm grateful to all who shared their opinions, suggestions and experiences. I think we'll stick with AT&T (at least for now) since they do offer DSL service in Howard. Terrell downloads some pretty big files and I just like really fast service! This way we can keep the same email accounts, too. If we have problems, it's good to know SKTC also offers phone/internet. I'm so spoiled...I don't think I would ever go back to dial-up (unless it was the only option). What a drag that was!

Janet Harrington

Let me add my two cents worth.  (Which I will do whether you let me or not).  I have had both.  I went from SKT to ATT because I wanted more speed.  Now, I am back to SKT because the pricing is great.  The speed is just what ATT had.  I have no problems with SKT and I only have to pay one bill, instead of two.  That is great.  I have the package with cable, internet, and telephone.  My files download very fast and I really enjoy what SKT offers.  The other wonderful thing about SKT is the service man lives right here.  As long as he isn't on vacation, service is very quick.

Tobina+1

For those of us out in the boondocks, I've had very good luck with Wildblue satellite internet.  Yes, it's another satellite you have to buy and put up, but I had no other choice when I moved out here.  I went through Lyon-Coffey County Electric, but I think someplace in Winfield or Ark City offers it now, too?  Although I've received calls from ATT about getting internet service through the phone line, when I pressure them about EXACTLY where I live, they say, "Oh, no you can't get it".
When we lived in town, I used DSL through SKT and was very impressed with the speed.  You can also buy a wireless router for $30-50 and then have internet wherever you want in your house (I'm lounging on the couch right now).  Just remember that if you're in town, you should use a password (and change it every so often) so someone doesn't "borrow" it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk