It's time for a PowWow~~Listen Up.

Started by Teresa, December 16, 2007, 02:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

Quote from: Wilma on December 16, 2007, 06:23:52 PM
I miss Flo, too.
:angel: gosh, glad someone misses me.  I read and keep up to date with all the postings, just lots of time don't take the time to join in.  Something I guess I better get over.  AND, Teresa, I whole-heartedly agree.... the "nit picking about spelling" should stop.  If the posts on here were "legal postings", spelling might count - otherwise let it be.  Don't bother me if someone finds mis-spelled words in my posts, cause lots of times my fingers work faster than my brain or these long fingernails may just hit the wrong key - so what !! Ya'all get my drift, if you know what I mean.  Have a wonderful day, everyone... and now I'm gonna go cut my nails.  ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

frawin

Teresa, I agree with what you said.  Thanks for taking the time to mention it.  I think most of us do the best we can, but everyone makes an error once in awhile.  It's fun to hear from people we know and some we are just getting acquainted with--that's the main purpose as well as keeping people informed as to what is going on in the community.  Frank and I certainly appreciate the time and effort that you and Kjell put in to keep this forum going.

Myrna

Wilma

Talking about misspelled words in public.  On national television this morning on one of the morning shows in big black letters in the caption, the word Guest was spelled Quest.  I have even looked it up to be sure that my spelling is the right one.  I wonder how that one managed to get through.

Rudy Taylor

Amen from this corner, Teresa.

I like the posts written just as people talk.

It truly is "a wonderful life."

Tobina+1

Thanks for the friendly reminder, Teresa.  We've had this discussion many times before (remember the PUBIC summons vs. the PUBLIC summons?), and we've put the issue to rest many times... and then it gets dragged back up.  I would say that if someone really misspells a word and it is affecting the conversation, then someone can nicely reply and say that the person probably meant "this" instead of "that" and no one should take offense.  And remember that smiley faces are a good way to show you're joking, too!
"Have a Happy Chat!"

Bonnie M.

Me, too!  I type faster than I think, so I know that a word will slip in once in a while that I "didn't mean" to spell that way. 

I enjoy the forum a lot. 

So, when I read the information on the "Pow-wow," I was thinking, "Is it me?",  or, "Is it I?"
Bonnie

Teresa

Who cares.. It is BONNIE!! and we love you just like you are.  :-*
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

The part of Santa Claus letter top me that deals with this.. ( and he did read the post ..which prompted him to write)
states this:

On the serious note............. thank you for the posting and getting the message across that basically let's people know that no one enjoys the nit-picking on spelling and grammar.   I wasn't really "upset" but was getting really tired of reading the posts that consisted of the criticism.  I  enjoy the the joking, teasing, humor, etc. and appreciate the thoughts, ideas, etc. that people take the time to write about..........so what if they have a few typos or mispell a word or two?  It's the thoughts that count.

When I find the time and material to post again, you may have wished you had never heard of Santa Claus!!!!  (Only joking)

But I think we have this cleared up now ... so .......................on with the show..and the fun and a big Hip Hip Hooray for the forum family..
May we have more and more  joining in and setting around our family table.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jo McDonald

yeaaaaaa   I am sitting at the table !!!   Now~~~~~```what I want to eat is ~~~???~~~~~   whatever you bring to me   

:D :D   ;D ;D   8) 8)   :P :P   :-* :-* 

But make sure you remember~I AM SITTING AT THE TABLE !!!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Wilma

Jo, that is a very nice way of making a point.  And mothers can do that, Ta Ta.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk