Fire sirens just went off

Started by Judy Harder, December 11, 2007, 05:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonnie M.

Thanks for the report, Judy.  Yes, as far as "fires go," these could certainly have been a whole lot worse!

Are you still having ice on the streets?
Bonnie

Judy Harder

bonnie, ice is gone. It was cold and gray today.........but, I got a 30 minute
walk in and did go up town to library and cafe.
Got caught up with the local visiting.

Did you know that Helen Scott passed away last week?. Heard about it at
cafe. It wasn't in local paper Bev said it was in Wichita paper.

I don't know anything else about this.

I am very ready for some nice sun shine. Would consider going south but, then I would miss
being able to  grump about our Kansas weather.
Oh well, guess I will head for an evening of tv and just hibernate.

Hope you and Bob are well.
Hugs and God bless
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Bonnie M.

I certainly hadn't heard that Helen Scott passed away!  I always exchange Christmas cards with her!  That is really sad.  Does her daughter, Katherine, live in Longton?
Bonnie

Judy Harder

No Bonnie, I don't know where she moved.

At one time I thought she was in Independence, but don't know where she nor Roy's  boy (Steve?) is.

I guess one could look back in the Wichita Eagle........I think she died last week sometime........Bev said that
one of the Eastern Star people told her. I think Gladys Jones.   They still lived at Toronto.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Janet Harrington

How sad about Helen Scott.  If someone gets her obit, please post it.  She was always so nice to me when I was the sheriff.  Roy was a hoot, too.

Judy Harder

Quote from: Janet Harrington on December 17, 2007, 10:43:06 PM
How sad about Helen Scott.  If someone gets her obit, please post it.  She was always so nice to me when I was the sheriff.  Roy was a hoot, too.

Janet, I can tell you haven't been in here for awhile...............look in the obits and you
will see Helen's ...........I wondered where you were............

But, with weather the way it has been felt you were probably flying around somewhere.
Here I am Lord, use me!

frawin

Bonnie, I found  Helen Scott in the Wichita Eagle and posted it to the Obituaries just now.  If you go to Kansas.com, it will pull up the Wichita Eagle and you can find the obits.  I pull it up nearly every day, especially since we aren't living in Elk County anymore.  It keeps me informed as to some of the other places in Kansas that we have lived and know people (or maybe should say knew people) as well.

Myrna

Janet Harrington

No, you are right.  I haven't been on in awhile and I usually only look at the obit page when I'm posting an obit.  Thanks for posting Helen's obit, Myrna.

Bonnie M.

Thank you, Myrna, from me, also!

It is just sad to lose a friend that you've had for a long time!  Helen put her heart and soul into everything she set out to do.  She will be missed.
Bonnie

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Judy Harder on December 12, 2007, 01:58:26 PM
UpDate on the fires.

Then the Hines was a scare too...........He was putting in a hot-water tank, I think and cut into the
gas line and got a flash-back.

On the Hines place, does Shawn Hines, the trooper, still own that or is someone living there?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk