Fire sirens just went off

Started by Judy Harder, December 11, 2007, 05:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

I assume that the whole county got a call................but, does anyone know
where the fire is?

I usually go out and watch to see which way they go......but it is too cold for me, tonight.

Figure one of you may know.........like fire personell.....or families..
Just a nosy old lady............with a huge dose of cabin fever.
;)
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Janet Harrington

The Doug and Joyce Fell residence northwest of Longton.  I understand from the scanner the fire is out, but have not heard anything else about it.

Judy Harder

Sirens are going off again. That is too bad about the Fell place.

Trucks are moving fast and looks like they are headed back out.

with all their health problems that is just what they need.

Keep them in prayer.........it can't be good.

God be with them.
Thanks Janet.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Janet Harrington

Well, Judy, there is a different fire in Longton now.  I haven't heard the dispatcher say where, but there is one going on right now.  I just heard Glen say that they didn't need anymore trucks at this fire.

Bonnie M.

Now, I'm concerned!  Judy, or Janet, when you find out where the fire in Longton is, please "post" that information!  And, I'm really sorry about Doug & Joyce's home, too.  I hope there wasn't too much damage.
Bonnie

cheyronni

I heard that the other one was at the Hines place but I was to lazy and cold to investigate.....so I could be wrong!!

Janet Harrington

Who owns that Hines place?  Are you talking about the place that Richard Palmer used to own on the southwest side of Longton?

Bonnie M.

Thanks for posting the location of the fire.  I'm not sure where the location of the Hines place is.  I do know where Richard & Velma Palmer's place was.  I'll be anxious to hear more about it.  I hope no one was hurt, in either fire.  Thanks again.
Bonnie

Judy Harder

I haven't heard anything this morning..........if it was the Hines home..........they did buy (I think)
the Palmer place.

I am going to get out today and will up date when I know anything...........of course,
I am always the last to know.............unless I get a phone call or hear at the cafe.

No one actually calls me to tell me newsy stuff..........altho I did have on neighbor call about the OD
at the housing over the weekend........that was a sad story.

You had the obit on yesterday Janet.......and if you know anything share with us.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

UpDate on the fires.

The Fell's had a chimney fire. Don't think there was damage........I do know they were scared to pieces.

Been there done that..

Then the Hines was a scare too...........He was putting in a hot-water tank, I think and cut into the
gas line and got a flash-back.

This is what is being said at the cafe. I didn't hear anything else.
Maybe someone else can amend this if they know more.

Glad it wasn't any worse than this.........nerves can simmer down.....God was watching out for these
people.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk