Husband Disappears

Started by T. Sackett, December 09, 2007, 09:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. Sackett

George Hammer, who mysteriously disappeared about a year ago, leaving his family to mourn for him as dead, has suddenly made his appearance here the first of the week.  At the time of his disappearance the general belief was that he had committed suicide and creeks were searched and for a few days his sudden exit from his home and friends was a subject of general talk.  His wife gave him up and after awhile she, with her children, went to the home of her brother in Osage county.  It now appears that George was a much alive man and has been traveling extensively, visiting the southern states and Central America.  He talks but little of his strange action and seems to  treat the anxiety of his friends in an indifferent manner.  He says he has come back to stay.
     Published in Elk County Citizen, June 14, 1894
Honorary Member of the Old Man's 4-H Club: Hernia, Hiccups, Hemorrhoids, and Heartburn!

T. Sackett

I cannot think of one nice thing to say about what this "person" did.   My thoughts are far from being complimentary and would be considered as slanderous, so guess I'd best "zip my lip."   :-X
Honorary Member of the Old Man's 4-H Club: Hernia, Hiccups, Hemorrhoids, and Heartburn!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk