My Travels

Started by Tobina+1, November 29, 2007, 11:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

Well, I finally got to go a different direction this trip!  After all my trips West and mostly to Colorado the past few months, I made it into the SE this time.  I flew from Tulsa to Houston to Mobile, AL, and then met a customer and we drove to Lucedale, MS.  I did a training there and helped with a producer meeting at the local stockyards.  It was a short, fast trip; left on Monday morning and got back last night.  I didn't get a to see a lot of cattle country, but I did get to see a lot of trees.  It was mild and moist down there, which is usually different than the hot and muggy they normally have.  Fay played havoc on my trip back, though, as my flight out of Mobile left a little late due to rain delays in Houston, and by the time I got to Houston I missed my flight.  Barely, apparently, as my bag made it.  But I had to switch terminals to catch it, so it took me a while to get there.  I flew standby on the next flight out, and was the 2nd person called, so that was good. 
If I would have had more time, I would have taken the Winns out for coffee as I passed through B-ville, so hopefully next time.
One thing that was really neat down there was all these blooming trees.  Someone said they're a type of myrtle tree?  I did take note and noticed a few growing in yards in this area, too, so now I'm on a quest to figure out what they are and maybe get some for my own yard!

Diane Amberg

Crepe Myrtle trees? Our area can grow some kinds of them, and they are nice because they bloom late in the summer. The most common ones here are a pretty magenta pink. It sounds like you had a good trip in spite of Fay.

Judy Harder

Tobina,

the Crepe Myrtle around here are growing well.............Coming back from Bartlesville yesterday they have a lot down there and it is just beautiful.
Grows like a tree.....but I think it is more like a Rose of Sharon than a tree.........but, I haven't tried to grow them.

Usually the ones the most showy are the oldest......I think they are just beautiful.   One of the last flowering bushes of summer........not the end of them, by no means......just they bloom later in the summer.

Now it is time for the Morning Glory and all the vines that have been growing  all summer.
I can't get enough of growing things either to grow or to look at (now, my allergies usually cry UNCLE!!,) but I still admire them from another yard......LOL
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

sixdogsmom

Crepe Myrtle is one of my favorites. I love all the colors, especially the girly pink, but I must admit that a hedge of the white ones is breathtaking. We have some of the old fashioned dark pink ones, and they have really gotten tall this year. Crepe Myrtle is tough and one of those plants that is almost permanent once established, although people often think they are dead in the spring they are so late to come out. I think they are among the last things to leaf out. A great investment for your yard.
Edie

Tobina+1

OK, I didn't travel far this time, but thought you might like to see some "cow crew" picts from yesterday.  It was a beautiful day!  The nicest we've had up on "the hill", where the weather is twice as bad as it is anywhere else.  Mud hole in the back, but I wasn't back there, so it was OK.   ;)

frawin

Tobina, that brings back fond memories.
Frank

Teresa

Thanks Tobino.. I appreciate you taking the time to share with us.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

pepelect

Those pictures remind me of something also.   Where is my scanner?  PDA?  Wand?    You show us pictures of cowpokes but not pokettes.  Do we discriminate? 

Who is the model you hired for the photo shoot? Local boy? 

Tobina+1

PEP; if I remember right, "baby steps" were the preferred method of introducing technology to the B&D clan.
Yeah, I was the only pokette up there that day, and I was behind the camera (although Cuz KP came and visited one time previous, and "Renae Rulz" comes and delivers lunch).  Local boy got free help that day in exchange for the poses.  I call it my "field day", and we're updating our website pictures, so I could justify being out there instead of cooped up in the office.
Any pictures from your day that day?  Or were they all obscene?  :-\

pepelect

No pictures just some blue language.  Very, very R rated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk