TELL ME SOMETHING

Started by Wilma, November 27, 2007, 08:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I think sixdogsmom might be right.  The pile on the newer towels is not as deep as on the old towels.  And dismit11, no softener seems to soften these towels.  Using vinegar in place of softener softens the towels just as good.  Also bleaches them slightly and I prefer white towels.

Dale Smith

Wow.. thanks Wilma.  I will take your advice and give that a try.  :-)

Ole Granny

Smaller and thinner towels take up less space in the washer and dry quicker in the dryer.  Energy efficient.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Teresa

I don't like softener in my towels.. because they don't absorb as well.
But I do like the big and thirsty ones. :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jody

I have four of those blue balls in my dryer.  It is supposed to help  softness, but I have them to help rem ove cat hair.

Wilma

TELL ME SOMETHING ELSE.................

Where can I find Arm and Hammer kitty litter?  The clumpable, scoopable, flushable kind.  I was using it, or rather Bud was using it, when we moved over here.  We both liked it.  Then Wal-Mart stopped handling it, then Dillon's stopped handling it and I can't find it at pet stores.  It was everything that we needed.  It absorbed odors quickly, clumped quickly, and I didn't have to scoop up a lot of extra litter with the clumps.

We are using something called Odor Lockers that is flushable.  Bud likes it but I don't.  Too much of it goes out with the flush and too much of it goes out of the box on to the floor.  Also, the clumps have a tendancy to fall apart when lifted.  I have another one that is like sand, but Bud doesn't like it.  We can't find the Odor Lockers anymore.

What I need is something that absorbs fast so that the urine doesn't go to the bottom of the box before it is absorbed, that is granular about 1/16 inch in size, flushable, clumpable and scoopable, odor-free and meets Bud's approval.  I like being able to flush the clumps as it is all disposed of immediately and not being stored waiting for disposal.  And I have not had any problems with clogging or anything like that as long as I follow the rules.

W. Gray

If you cannot find it anywhere else, Amazon.com sells a 21 pound box for 9.39.

Only problem is shipping is a whopping $12.66.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Mom70x7

Have you asked Julie, at Family Market, if she can find it?

When she first opened up, she asked people what they wanted her to carry.
We mentioned several items, and she stocks most all of them now.

If you like it that much, there are probably others who do as well.

Ms Bear

I searched for the website for Arm and Hammer and they have two kinds of Cat Litter and you can print coupons for them but it didn't say what stores carry it.

Wilma

Thanks for the info.  No, I haven't asked Julie if she could get it for me.  I figured that if it weren't popular enough for Wal-Mart to carry that there wouldn't be much of a market here for it either.  I wonder if anyone else in Howard has a cat that can't go outdoors.

I will look into the Amazon.com but I sure don't want to pay that much for shipping.  Kitty litter is heavy compared to bulk.  Actually, flushable kitty litter is expensive compared to the common stuff.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk