Main Menu

Removed.

Started by Marcia Moore, November 13, 2007, 05:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Railroad items are popular and usually bring top prices. I do believe that this is just a little steep. BTW, my dad spent time in that hospital due to a yard accident while he worked for Santa Fe. He was crushed under a crane. He did recover and worked until retirement although his legs bothered him a lot.
Edie

Teresa

They have changed it to Mulvane Ks now.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

W. Gray

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Wilma

This is the Shaffer House museum at Moline, Kansas.  And I was told a long time ago by a long time Moline person that it used to be a hospital.

W. Gray

The hospital is a nice museum.

I went through it for the first time last year.

There was one item I was most interested in.

However, I had to look around to locate it because they were unaware they had it.

I finally found it on the second floor -- a night stand from the Boston Hotel, Boston, Kansas.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Roma Jean Turner

I e-mailed David Brace and asked if he knows anything about another hospital.  Keep you posted.

W. Gray

W. Gray

The fella wants $249.95 plus shipping for his postcard of the horse drawn ambulance in front of the Mulvane hospital.

As of today,

Alibris Books has a bookseller located in Kansas who wants $156.25 for Elk County, A Narrative History of Elk County and its People.

The book has "slight wear."

Other prices found for the same book are $103.99, $123.50, and $157.24.

Wilma

What would my 2 hardly opened, bought for $20.00 each be worth?

Janet Harrington

People are just plain stupid.  All they would have to do is contact the Benson Museum Historical Society and get one for $20.00 plus s & h.  That would be a lot less then what people on eBay want.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk