Rotten Neighbors

Started by W. Gray, November 10, 2007, 11:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

http://www.rottenneighbor.com/

This is a new web site where one can post information about undesirable neighbors. No names are given for the complainer or those complained about. However, for those complained about, a red house is superimposed on a map at the street address.

Zip code 67349 has no complaints.

I found a "rotten neighbor" one block from me.

The complainer was commenting about his trees hanging over into his neighbor's property were trimmed by the neighbor. His complaint was the trees were not hurting anything but his neighbor went ahead and trimmed them ugly. I suspect his neighbor asked him to trim the trees and he declined. According to neighbor law in most states the neighbor has the right to trim the trees.

The web site is in beta and sometimes is difficult to access. 
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Wilma

How about our own rotten neighbor line?  I can't think of any right now at this moment but there is one from a way back that I recall.

This neighbor had about a dozen dogs running loose in a county that had a leash law.  We were chased down our driveway every time we got home and chased up the street every time we left.  We quit taking the daily paper because we had to fight the dogs for it every day.  These dogs got so bad that they were attacking other dogs.  The day they chased another neighbor's little dog through our garage while my husband was out there was the last straw for me.  I called the county.  I hadn't done this before because I didn't want to cause any trouble in the neighborhood.  Animal control came out, found the dogs running loose, confiscated as many as they could catch and the neighbors had to get rid of all but a couple of the rest.  I found out later that I wasn't the only one that had called the county, but I got the blame. or credit, whichever way you want to look at it.  I do not and I repeat, I do not regret doing this.  I felt sorry for the dogs because nobody cared about them, even though they protested that they were their babies, etc.

I have heard all the arguments about animals should have their freedom and not be tied or penned.  Animals maybe should have the same freedom we have which is to not be a nuisance to our fellow man.  Do unto others as we would have them do unto us.  Best law in the world.

Teresa

I have good neighbors..
John Wiseman to my south.. Curtis & Shery Carey to my north.
This block is so nice and quiet.. No barking dogs.. no cars zooming 100 mph day and night.. Wonderful.....
Just a block off main street makes all the difference in the world.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

W. Gray

90210 is loaded with complaints.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

Tobina+1

Question:  Is it because we don't have rotten neighbors, or because we don't complain, or because we're more tolerable?

Wilma

Maybe because we are not crammed together in a little space.  I like my space around me even though the people across the street are very noisy during working hours.  Esther on the north has people in to check on her quite often during the day.  First daughter is here quite a bit, but I can send her home whenever I want.  The dogs across the alley can get noisy, too, but I seldom see the people.  This is a good place to be.

Joanna

Quote from: Tobina Norris on November 15, 2007, 10:32:25 AM
Question:  Is it because we don't have rotten neighbors, or because we don't complain, or because we're more tolerable?
I think it is because we KNOW so many of our neighbors, whether we like them or not. We know each other's families and friends, our habits and our histories.  I think things just don't get as bad because if we get really irritated, we tend to deal with it face to face instead of venting online... even if that 'face to face' isn't with the neighbor him/herself.  A stop at the city office or a visit with a mutual friend can head off major knock-down drag-out fights.  Well, that's what I think anyhow.

W. Gray

About one-half mile from us here in Centennial, a house has been tagged as a brothel. The complainer says johns arrive at all times of day and night. Centennial is wall to wall suburbia so anything is possible, I suppose.

Independence has two posts, Parsons has one.

Coffeyville and Moline are clear

Teresa

Quote from: W. Gray on November 15, 2007, 05:02:57 PM
About one-half mile from us here in Centennial, a house has been tagged as a brothel.

Dang.. you mean Ta Ta's old place of employment is still going?

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk