Main Menu

Removed.

Started by Marcia Moore, November 08, 2007, 06:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcia Moore

Removed.

larryJ

This is the one holiday that used to really burn me up.  I worked for the Los Angeles Times for over 30 years and not once did I, a veteran, get the day off unless it happened to fall on my regular day off.  Nor was it a paid holiday.  However, all state and county eimployees were given the day off with pay, the vast majority of them not being veterans.  Many corporations also took the day off usually incorporating it into a three day weekend. >:(  However, I will remember those who served and served with pride and say a little prayer for all.  larryJ
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Janet Harrington

Well, here's one for you.  The county here, (Elk), took Columbus Day off, but they are working today.  The city, (Howard), worked Columbus Day and are off today for Veteran's Day.  The banks are closed and the post office is closed.  I don't know how much work the county can do today as I believe that the state offices are closed and most county offices work along with state offices, especially the treasurer's office.  There is only one veteran on the county commission, so I guess this county does not honor their veterans.  What a sad ordeal when we take off Columbus Day and not Veteran's Day.  I think if the county had to chose, the choice should have been Veteran's Day to have off.

Wilma

Mom70x7

There you guys go . . . thinking again!

:D    :D    :D    :D    :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk