Riddle in Rhyme

Started by Teresa, February 03, 2006, 10:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Quote from: desertlilydarla on July 13, 2007, 02:00:07 PM

How do insert a picture on a post?

Resize your picture ( I use adobe photoshop) 600x800pixals.
then save it to "my documents " or a file that you will know where to look..
then click on additional options at the bottom of your post and open up the file and find it..
click on  add..and
Bingo!
You have put a picture on that when people click on it, it will become the original size to view.
Takes up very little space on th page and works like a charm.
:)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

you've told me in greek, now how about english  :-\
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

kdfrawg

Flo, you probably don't have any of the custom programs that will resize photos. As someone said, you usually get such a program of some kind when you buy a digital camera. If you haven't done that, you probably don't have one. Maybe you do have something that you can use, though. What operating system do you have? Windows 2000? Windows XP? Windows 98? If I knew, maybe I could help out.

Diane Amberg

On another subject entirely. We just had a real gully washer come through here. A real thunder bumper...or is that bunder thumper? Anyway, it reminded me of a little poem that my Horton grandpa used to say if it stormed.
      The lightning flashed and the thunder roared
       and the rain ran down in the ditches.
       Grandpa got scared, jumped over the fence
        And tore a hole in his britches!

Teresa

I HAVE to tell this on my oldest son, Danny ( Snakehater)

When he was 5 he was in Bible School, Susan Morgan was one of the helpers at that time.

The little kids had been learning songs about baby Jesus and things like that.
One of the helpers had a new one that they taught the kids which was simple and had been "handed down".
Along with the story of how their grandpa had taught it to them when they were little.

Well, when Danny heard that... he raised his little hand all excited and told Susan and the kids that "his grandpa had taught him a song too... and could he sing it to the kids?"

Of course Susan said yes he could...

So Danny stood up and proceeded to belt out the song that my dad had indeed taught him..

Yankee Doodle went to town ...riding on a load of luuuummmber..
Turned a corner , let a fart and blew it all to thuuuunnnder!

Susan called laughing so hard she could hardly tell me.
And  suggested I have a little talk with Danny about the difference between Jesus songs and "Grandpa's songs"...

;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

kdfrawg

Now I lay me down to sleep,
A bag of peanuts by my feet,
If I should die before I wake,
You'll know I died of a bellyache.

;)

Diane Amberg

What a cute story. Thanks :) :) :)

flo

sorry, frawg, I just now seen your posting about my computer.  I have windows XP, and I do have the Kodak easy-share and also photoimpression. 

QUICK, FRAWG, CHECK OUT GOOD MORNING - I DONE IT

kdfrawg

Although I don't have PhotoImpression, I think it will do the job. After you have opened a photo file, look through the menus for a function like "Resize" or "Image Size." It will be there somewhere. Select that option. If the sizing is not already being done in pixels, there will be a dropdown box that will let you change the way the photo is being measured to pixels.

Then change the larger of the two dimensions to about 400. The other dimension should change automatically. If it doesn't, there will be a check-box that says "Maintain Aspect Ratio" or something similar. Make sure that it is checked.

That should give you a photo small enough to add to a post. So you don't lost the original (the one that is bigger) select "Save As" from the "File" menu and save it to a name and location that you will remember. That will give you two copies of the photo: one that was too big to post but is nice and big when you look at it and one that is small enough to post so that we can look at it.

That is the general idea. If anyone here uses PhotoImpression, could you please let Flo know what the Resize command is called? And if Teresa feels that I have suggested the wrong smaller size, maybe she could let Flo know what it should be.

flo

I sent into my Kodak easy-share, just started searching and came up with a "resizing" and followed the instructions.  (Used a pic I didn't really care about) and it worked.  You have been a great help and thank you so very much.  Never too old to learn new tricks, especially when it comes to these computers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk