Happy Halloween

Started by greatguns, October 30, 2007, 07:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatguns

The work is done.  The popcorn balls are made and now I just to have to wait for the little ones to show up tomorrow night.  Everyone enjoy the evening.  Happy Halloween.  I'm so thankful I live in a small community where I still can make the treats.

patyrn

That is so true, Sally.  We live in the city and don't dare give out anything "homemade".  I have fond memories of planning the routes through town and knowing whose houses not to miss because they would have their specialty treat. 

Everyone have a fun and safe Halloween!!!!

Wilma

Homemade popcorn balls?  I'll be there.

Roma Jean Turner

Homemade popcorn balls, boy does that bring back memories.  I love those made with marshmallow's.

frawin

My grandmother Green often (in fact, almost always) made popcorn balls for Halloween!

Happy Hallloween to all!

mlw

Tobina+1

My mother spent $9.00 to send me a shoebox full of popcorn balls!  She LOVES Halloween and enjoys sending us "kids" little goodies or gifts for the holiday.  Her recipe for popcorn balls includes popcorn, marshmallows, and either apricot or raspberry jello.  I think she's done some orange, too.  But apricot and raspberry are my favorites!

Diane Amberg

Happy Howl-oween everyone. We just closed down for the night... had 26 cute kids this year.  I'll go to the cemetary tomorrow.  Daddy would have been 93.  We lost him 3 years ago.  He lived with us his last 3 years and I still miss him.

greatguns

Well the lights are out for another Halloween.  I had 14 at my door.  Not bad for Piedmont.  That would be 9 little ones and 5 that most would say were adults.  But they are someone's children.  Just tells me there is a little kid in all of us.  Have a wonderful rest of the week. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Roma Jean Turner

Boy Tobina, those popcorn balls sound awesome.  I have never heard of using the other flavors.  I opted out tonight.  I had a busy day today and the thought of maning the front door with a bowl of candy and three barking dogs all by myself was just to much.  By next year the Jack Russell should be a little quieter and I will re-evaluate.  She started sleeping through the night until I get up.  Finally!!!!!!!!  Happy Halloween Elk County.

Tobina+1

We only had 3 sets of Trick or Treaters.  Not a lot of traffic way out here, unless someone knows you'll be home and are expecting them.  Chuck didn't mind; more Reese PB cups for him!
My sister in Manhattan (KS) sent a video of her and my nephew (6 months) in their costume.  She dressed in a green shirt with a big flower in her hair.  Gabriel was in the front pack that she had decorated in black with yellow stripes, he was wearing a black stocking cap with antennas, and had little wings.  A bee on a flower!  How cute!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk