Main Menu

Removed.

Started by Marcia Moore, October 28, 2007, 12:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcia Moore

Removed.

frawin

Marcia, you might give Mom a call.  I believe she told me it was north of Busby.

MLW

Monday, Oct. 29--Marcia, just talked to Mother on the phone and she said the school was a mile or two north of Busby and on the east side of the road.  It was almost across the road from where Helga Patterson's parent's lived as she remembered it.  Hope that helps.

W. Gray

Marcia, do you know the school number?

Do you know if this the school that still sits at an intersection and is in pretty good shape?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

Waldo, I don't think the building is there anymore, even doubt that the foundation is there.

Myrna

Marcia Moore

Removed.

W. Gray

Not much help from here.

I have a map twenty years older than 1908 showing school #32, which is two and one-half miles due north of Busby.

There is another school, #66, one and one half miles due west of #32.

The 2007 Elk County map shows a school in about the same spot as #32 but does not provide a name. That may be the one that is in outstanding shape because someone has really been taking care of it.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

W. Gray

A 1936 Elk County map shows an unidentified school one mile north of Busby on the west side of the road leading north from Busby corner. No ID.

Another school is located two and one-half miles due west located on the east side of the road.

Marcia Moore

Removed.

frawin

When I asked Mother about where it was, she said it was on the east side of the road.  Close to where Helga Patterson's parent's lived at the time.
mlw

Marcia Moore

Removed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk