I AM SMARTER THAN A MOUSE

Started by Wilma, October 24, 2007, 08:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

No, I haven't.  I haven't been anywhere that I could look at one.  Actually I have been but I forgot about it.

giester2

"If you happen to check the day that the mouse gets stuck... then you'll see there is no suffering... just no ability to move at all"

I have seen many mice try and chew their legs off to get out of these glue traps
Born in Texas with Kansan Blood

Wilma

I was looking for something else and found this thread and decided to read it again.  I see that I never got around to posting the solution to my mouse problem.  The solution was the hole they were coming through.  When the new roof was put on, the vent pipe for the water heater was accidentally dislodged.  It broke away some of the sheet rock that it went through and the mice were coming through the hole that was left.  I discovered this when I tracked the source of a draft that shouldn't have been.

I had the hole repaired and I have had only one mouse since then.  I keep an open box of Dcon where Bud can't get to it and when I see that it has been disturbed, I know there has been a mouse in the house.  In a couple of days there is no further disturbance of the Dcon.

W. Gray

I noticed some of the responses, above, had to do with humanely disposing of or killing a mouse.

A few years ago in the sixties or seventies (it might still be around) someone introduced what they called a perfect mouse trap. It did not kill the animal. No blood, no fuss, no having to get near a dead mouse, no need to put your fingers on an un-hygienic spring bar to release the body. No need to kill the mouse if one did not want to.

The trap was a small square metal box resembling the shape and size of a cigar box. It had small vent holes in various places on each side and a small opening in which a mouse could enter through a spring loaded door to get to the goodies placed inside by the owner. More than one mouse could be caught, if desired, and none would be killed.

Once a mouse made it in, there was no way it could get out due to the spring loaded door design and chute where he entered.

After a mouse, or mice, was trapped, the owner could release the mice somewhere away from their house or could put the trap in a bucket of water to send the pests to their destiny.

After a reasonable time in the bucket, the trap would be retrieved and a larger door that was owner operated could be opened to shake the varmints out in the trash.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk