Visit to Elk Co Roma Jean

Started by Roma Jean Turner, October 21, 2007, 09:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

I will be visiting Elk Co later this week.  I plan to drive down Thursday and stay at the Silver Bell in Longton, (Judy I will try and look you up at the Cafe, how late is it open?).  I want to be able to get up on Friday, look around maybe Granola, Moline, etc.  I want to come to Howard and look for some graves at the cemetary and try to meet anyone from the Forum who has time for a cup of coffee or a chat. Looking through museums and places with old photographs are my favorites, so appreciate any suggestions people have. I will be heading to Wichita later in the day to attend my great nephew's wedding on Saturday.  Anywone who wants to contact me privately can e-mail me at romaj1@sbcglobal.net.

Judy Harder

Roma Jean,
The cafe closes between 2 and I think 5........maybe 4 but, will have to look that up.
IF you get Rudy's paper there is an add for the cafe (Dos Banderos) is the name of cafe.

The bar and grill next door to it is open in the evenings and does a great job. You don't have to drink and if you want a social hour here in town......that will be it, unless there is a game at school.

Ask Gwen to tell you where I live and come see me, or call and I will meet you at one place or the other.(I can even come to motel, if need be)

Gwen has my number too.
Hope to catch up with you.
Hugs and God bless,
Judy
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Bonnie M.

Roma Jean,  I'm glad you're going to get to go to S. E. Kansas this week.  This is the week of "Neewollah" in Independence (in case you don't know, that's "Halloween" spelled backwards,) and it's a big, big celebration, with LOTS going on.  We usually fly back for the week, but we have really good friends who are being married this Friday evening at the Wild Animal Park, and I do want to attend the wedding, so, had to make a choice!

I hope the weather stays nice, and that you have a great trip.  Enjoy the wedding! 

We're having "Santa Ana" winds today here in Southern California, and you've probably seen the wildfires in the Malibou area.  Now I see the smoke over the hills from a big fire in Ramona, that's about 28 miles east of us.  These fires are devastating! 
Bonnie

Roma Jean Turner

Thanks for the good wishes.  I grew up in Chanute, KS and always loved to march in the Neowallah parade. The pictures of the fire are just unbelievable.  I can't imagine how scary it would be to have that raging towards you. Keep us posted.  Have fun at your wedding.

Wilma

I hope that fire is going away from you, Bonnie.  28 miles ain't nuthin' here in prairie land.  I remember one that started in Oklahoma and went clear to Highway 54 east of Eureka before they could stop it.  They had all available units out fighting it where they could get to it.  This was between Fall River and Fredonia.

Bonnie M.

More on the fires.  There are two burning in San Diego County, the one between Ramona and Julian, and one over in the Spring Valley area, east of San Diego.  Both are "bad!"  The winds are just so horrific, there's very little that can be done, when conditions are like this.  The humidity is between 5% and 10%, as a result of the "Santa Ana's."  We haven't had any rain to speak of for such a long time, everything is just "tender dry!"
Bonnie

Jo McDonald

Stay safe , my dear friend !!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Janet Harrington

I'm sorry that I won't be able to see you, Roma Jean, when you come, but I work at night.  I hope you enjoy your visit.

frawin

Bonnie, our daughter works in Torrance and she said it looked like brown snow in the parking lot when she got to work.  Another person said that the office in Irvine had soot all over the cars.  I do hope you can stay safe.

Roma Jean Turner

I'm sitting here watching the news and am just amazed at this fire.  It is certainly in my thoughts and prayers and everyone that was in the office today was thinking about it as well.  I hope, Bonnie, you and yours and all concerned feel the prayers that are headed your way from all across the country.  Stay safe.

Janet I'm sorry I will miss you this weekend.  I know I'll be back sometime in the spring.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk