FLIES

Started by Wilma, October 14, 2007, 12:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I don't like swatting flies.  If I hit them, they leave a messy mess that has to be cleaned up.  Consequently, I quite often miss them.  I am sure this is subconscious so there won't be a mess.  I try to hit them lightly, so as to cripple them, then I can pick them up and drown them in the sink.  No mess. 

So, just now, there was a gigantic fly, gigantic as flies go and he buzzed me a couple of times.  As luck would have it, there was the fly swatter, right in front of me.  Mr. Fly landed on the rim of a plastic container.  Boy, if I were going to get this one, I would have to swat hard. I swatted.  I got him.  No mess.  I hit him so hard on the rim of that container that it cut him in half.  The container flew to the floor.  Mr. Fly, in two pieces was still on the table and I picked up both pieces and put them in the sink.  Insurance that he was really dead.          ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Roma Jean Turner

Excellent Dead On hit Wilma.  I appreciate fly swatting as it used to be my job on those hot summer nights when we all set out on the porch until bed time and drank lemonade.

Janet Harrington

Hum!!!!  Dead eyed Wilma.  A dangerous person to be sure.  Stay out of the way of her fly swatter that she always has around her.  You could be next.

Ole Granny

A grandson of mine catches them with his hand.  Very seldom misses.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Diane Amberg

And then what does he do with them? :D

Wilma

Do you suppose he crushes them?  Ugh!!!  :o :o :o

Dee Gee

NO, you just pull their heads off.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Ole Granny

Puts them  in a mason jar with a lid.  Maybe saves them for a snack. :laugh: ;D
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Jo McDonald

HA HA HA HA HA HA     How funny !!!  I catch them also -- and until you have tried them for a snack --- don't knock it.

Just kidding of course -----  The flies have been terrible the past month or so --- we have swatters everywhere -- in the truck -- on the bench at the picnic table -- in the house and even in the boat.  But---- I swat them and DO NOT PICK UP THE GOOSHIE THINGS -- Just get a paper towel and dispose of the nasty things...when I catch one-- it is to the wash bowl I go -- soap and water -  can't stand the germs from touching them.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Tobina+1

Ha, ha!  I had a junior high science teacher who told us he would catch them live and put them in the fridge.  Then he'd (GENTLY) tie a string around their head/body (?) and when they'd warm up, he'd hold on to the end of the string and they'd fly in circles.  (But I was pretty gullible when I was in jr high, so who knows if this is true!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk