6 (30%)
Livestock
2 (10%)
Other
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Janet Harrington

Tobina,

Somewhere on this forum we have a recipe for skunk odor.  If you can find it and have the ingredients to mix it up, it should kill the odor from around your door.  I have used it on one of my dogs before and it works great.

Roma Jean and michael_glenn,

Colonel is a handsome boy.  He is also very athletic.  He chases squrriels away from the feeder all day long.  I wish that I still worked in law enforcement because I think he would have made a great drug dog.  Not an attack dog though.  He isn't aggressive enough for that.  He might have made a great tracker as he wants to smell everything.

Teresa

He would make a wonderful kid  dog. That dog loves everyone. (And we love him)  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

That attacking the door business would sure worry me.  That is not normal.  Skunks do get Rabies....do you suppose?

Tobina+1

Yes, I was a little worried about that, too.  Yes, they get rabies.  I'm not sure if it's breeding season and they're more aggressive, or what, but Chuck was chased by one when he was out hunting last week, too.  I was just glad I was on the opposite side of the door!  It was pretty odd that he came up to the house anyway, as Chuck had all the basement lights on.  If they come up to the house, it's usually when it's dark.  We feed the dog and cats in the garage, so it wasn't up there for food (but it was drinking out of the water dish).

Tobina+1

Thanks for the reminder of the recipe, Janet.  My walk-out door and area around there has sufficiently been sprayed with 1 part water and 2 parts vinegar.  We'll see how it works (I wasn't sure of the other recipes since I didn't know how to "bathe" my walk-out door area).  It seemed less smelly as I was spraying, but not sure if it was actually working, my nose was frozen, or just burned from the vinegar smell.  OK, I'll quit interrupting the "pets" discussion, but we didn't have a "SKUNK!" section yet, and except for the smell, this guy would have made a pretty pet.

Janet Harrington

Here's the recipe I was talking about.

If Your Dog Gets Skunked

To remove the stink: Mix 1 quart of 3-percent hydrogen peroxide with 1/4 cup of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of mild dishwashing detergent (make sure it doesn't contain bleach or ammonia). Rub this mixture all over your dog's coat. Prevent it from getting into your pet's eyes or ears. Then give your pooch a bath with a mild pet shampoo. Rinse well.

I think you could mix that up and spray it from a spray bottle.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk