Main Menu

Removed.

Started by Marcia Moore, October 01, 2007, 08:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcia Moore

Removed.

Jody

Isn'T THAT  GREAT! tO USE THE MATERIALS INSTEAD OF HAULING THEM TO SOME LAND FILL!

indygal

Marcia,

I'm curious where you found this information. It's true that many of the structural materials in the former Church of Christ building were salvaged from other places (for instance, the interior wood doors have places where other hinges used to be), but Terrell and I were under the impression the church itself was built in 1944, not 1945. At least that's what we've been told from several folks.

Marcia Moore

Removed.

indygal

I don't recall hearing about a specific time of year in 1944. Sounds like we've got a bit of a mystery on our hands, eh? LOL I've been meaning to get together with Juanita, but just haven't had the time. I wonder if she has saved newspaper clippings, etc., about the church's history. We'd love to have copies for our scrapbook. One thing is certain: we are only the second owners of the property, which is pretty cool!

Marcia Moore

Removed.

indygal

Thank you for that info, Marcia. I'll contact her soon and maybe we can solve this mystery! Also, Terrell wants to know if you (or anyone else) has photos of the church from its early days. We'd love to have copies of those as well.

Marcia Moore

Removed.

Janet Harrington

I'll tell you what I will do.  Tomorrow, I will go to the library and see if I can find some micro film on the building of the church in 1944 or 1945.  I'll let you know.

Marcia Moore

Removed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk